SportsNet New York, Now Available!

Kayne West Chimes in

Just off the AP

Kayne West said "Charlie Ergen doesn't care about Mets Fans" :D
(or as they call him in mexico "El Cheapo Grande")

BobMurdoch said:
The ESPN game will be blacked out in the Areas they claim as their home areas...... Meaning New Yorkers will have no local baseball PERIOD unless it is on the broadcast networks.
You are correct..I forgot...
This is just tragic...If I was a sat sub in NY/NJ/CT I would be furious....I would cancel whether I was in a commitment or not....I would tell Dish to eat my shorts. I would close the credit card account so they could not hit me with a backcharge on the early cancellation..They of course they would want their money..I would respond by saying, see you in court..In about 3-5 years....I think every single DN sub that is a Mets fan should do this......

Kayne West is the rapper who made comments during the Katrina relief concert aired on NBC about how "George Bush doesn't care about black people", after the delayed effort to help the people of New Orleans, a predomiantly black community.

It was a big thing, it was on the major news networks, etc.

BTW.. the met fan comment was a joke

SNY signs with Verizon/Fios

Today from Sky Report

NEWS BRIEFS: Mets RSN on FiOS TV
Verizon signed a carriage agreement with SportsNet New York, the television home of the New York Mets and New York Jets that launched March 16. The deal will place the regional sports network on the telco's FiOS TV service. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Lucky said:
Doesn't this uplink mean at least we have a chance of seeing SNY by opening day ? Give me a little hope here, please. :confused:

I would put the odds at 5-1 AGAINST. There's always hope, but this is Charlie we are talking about. He's the last to make a deal, rarely the first when it comes to these channels.

BobMurdoch said:
I would put the odds at 5-1 AGAINST. There's always hope, but this is Charlie we are talking about. He's the last to make a deal, rarely the first when it comes to these channels.
Unless the new RSN is in Colorado. :p

BTW, is the Dish Network logo still on the roof of the Pepsi Center?

Last edited:
ccash said:
Today from Sky Report

Verizon signed a carriage agreement with SportsNet New York, the television home of the New York Mets and New York Jets that launched March 16. The deal will place the regional sports network on the telco's FiOS TV service. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Great, the two dozen people with the service in Nyack, NY will be ecstatic.

SNY, Cablevision reach deal

BY NEIL BEST
Newsday Staff Writer

March 23, 2006, 1:53 PM EST
SportsNet New York reached a carriage agreement with Cablevision Thursday, doubling the regional sports network's distribution and calming Mets fans who were concerned that they would be shut out of their team's games this season.

SNY launched March 16 and since then has been in serious talks with the Long Island-based cable TV giant, which has about 3 million customers. Previously, SNY had been available in about 3 million homes, primarily through Comcast and Time Warner, which are part owners of the network.

Cablevision homes were expected to have access to SNY sometime Thursday night, when a Mets spring training game against the Marlins was to be shown. The network will be carried on Channel 60.

SNY will show 125 Mets games this season.

Next on SNY's agenda are the two largest satellite TV providers, DirecTV and Dish Network. A deal with DirecTV seems more likely. Dish does not carry the Yankees' YES Network.

The Mets' opener is April 3.

Now I just hope that they put it on an analog channel so my $50 a month cable modem subscription with Cablevision will have another use should E* continue to flip off New York baseball fans.

Well, at least I have SOME remedy.... Overpaying $10 a month as I do (they charge me $50 a month vs. $40 for TV subscribers), I don't feel guilty.

ccash said:
Today from Sky Report

That's good..I heard on WCBS 880( comes in pretty well at nite here in NC) tonite that Cablevision hasd added SNY ot their lineup

rob321 said:
I live in georgia so i would not be able to see the yankees play when their on YES?

Not on Dish Network's MLB EI...unfortunately, the only time you see the Yankees is if the opposing team's feed is used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)