SportSouth / RSN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thebert99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
OK, so I talked with several CSR's and I got different answers (seems to be a theme), so I figured I would ask the forum and get the correct answer. :)

What channels are considered RSN's? I know the FSN channels and the Comcast channels (I believe) are, but is SportSouth considered RSN? D* lists it on their regular lineup, but E* says only available in Georgia, Mississippi, S. Carolina, Tennessee, and sections of N. Carolina. Can anyone tell me if they have this channel?

Also, if I subscribe to the multi-sport pack, what is blacked out on these RSN's?

Direct lists them differently and since you can get is like the Multi Sports pack, they list is as such. As far as blackouts, if it is not considered your rsn, then most pro games and some college games will likely be blacked out. There are links here where you can see what will be blacked out, I just can't remember what the link is called. Someone will probably add the link to this thread or you can do a search to see if you can find it.

SportSouth is considered an RSN. You can enter your address here (https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do) to find out what RSNs are in your area (they should be listed at the bottom of the page). If SportSouth is outside your local area, I'm assuming you can get it with the multi-sport pack, but you know what they say about assuming. And like the previous poster said, some games will be blacked out if it is outside your area.

Very true about the blackouts....

I am always blacked out of the Thrashers (except the replay) and the Hawks but cannot figure out why I am often blacked out of live Hurricanes games. And, come to think of it, I haven't seen a Bobcats game on DISH yet. In fact, last night one was on one of the RSN alternate networks (and, even with an address in Charlotte), I was blacked out.

As for the MSP, I purchased it in advance of baseball season (hoping it will allow me to see the ending of a few games). However, it's been pretty much useless as far as the NBA goes. Last night was the first night yet that I have caught the ending of a game and, lo and behold, it was simply the Pacers running out the last seven or eight seconds of the clock because they had already been beaten.

As for the NHL, though, it's been somewhat useful. As I said earlier, I often watch the Thrashers replay but, also being a Maple Leafs fan, I have also caught quite a few of their games. However, it's the replay and I'll often just tape the game and watch the last fifteen or twenty minutes later. Oh, and it's been pretty useful for the college games, too (although some of them are blacked out).

I'm not certain (and it wouldn't affect me anyways as I have both teams in my area), but I've heard that the Nationals and Orioles replays aren't blacked out regardless of where you are. Somebody else will need to confirm, though, because, again, I had access to them anyways.

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts