Dish Network VIP622

speedrcr78

Dec 22, 2007
I recently just got the 622 installed. Is there any way that the second TV source can be split to be viewed on 2 tv's or three for that matter?? I just tried it and the signal on one of the TV's was very poor. Called Dish Network and they said that the dont offer any kind of signal amplifier. Any ideas??

it also may depend on where you are trying to split the cable... if the installer used diplexers... it needs to be outside of the diplexers

Got my TV2 split into my bedroom and living room with no issues and have a decent run of coax to the living room TV and have seen no signal issues. I believe the output of the TV2 is pretty strong isn't it? Haven't some folks had to attenuate it on short runs?

I agree that the signal is strong. I have a 622 and 722 with all four tuners modulating. I get a clear picture on every TV, and didn't have to use an amp.

I have TV1/TV2 from the 722 in my family room diplexed back to the main cable feed via the same RG6 that carries the sat feed. The 622 in the bedroom goes to the cable junction box in the center of the house, where it is joined with the signal coming from the 722.

With this setup I get a great picture on all of the other TVs in the house. The installer was a friend and he gave me 2 extra UHF Pro remotes to keep in the other rooms, for a total of 6 remotes. (There is only three of us in the house so 4 tuners is more than enough--for us.)

--
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)