Sportster 5 = POS?

williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
I have a sportster 5 which is very noisy. If I turn it on with everything connected or everything disconnected it creates a ton of static on ALL FM frequencies, if I turn it off the static on all FM channels goes away. I want to know if anyone out there has the same issue? Is it a bad design or do I just have a bad radio? Also I tried just turning the sportster on in different cars and it does the same thing. Also it can screw the FM reception up on a car 25 feet away (sportster set to 88.7 listening to 107.3 in other car).

Especially with the wideband FM interference - I would say this is a bad receiver.

You might want to run a search at SIRIUS Backstage to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

Thanks, bad receiver is my feeling as well. It was a present for my sister that's why I am pissed off. My dad and her are going down to bestbuy to exchange it today. Hopefully they let them just exchange the receiver and not the whole package.

Update...

It was a bad receiver. However, the new receiver just didn't want to work either. My sister failed to mention that FM transmitters for ipods don't work well in her car either (forester). I guess the integrated glass antenna just doesn't work well in her car.