Spot beams in Puerto Rico with NYC account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whiteboatman

Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
NYC
We are planning to sail a yacht from my home in New York to Puerto Rico. I already have DISH onboard registered to my NYC address and it all works well. When I arrive in Puerto Rico, will I be able to receive the local spot beam channels? For example, on 110W there is spot beam 49 which broadcasts CNN USA (HD). I know I will be in the right place geographically, but since my account is registered in NYC, will I be able to get channels on 110W spot beam 49?

I doubt. PR HD channel numbers are different and are available to sub in PR only. Heck when they put eg Tennis channel on free preview I don't get the HR version because they haven't put PR channel in thr same.

You will probably get all the SD channels plus some that come from 119/110.

You will not get HD channels. Had the same issues in Alaska. Even called them up , told them I had and RV with custom bigger dish and had signal. They had no idea what I wanted, I don't even think they could add the channels if they wanted to. I did end up "moving" to Anchorage, and for whatever reason I only got ANC locals but not the HD spotbeams like ESPN, and I got the RSN from my previous market and any HD conus channels I could receive. Worked out well as I could DVR local news, watch my favorite nba team, but not get ESPNHD in HD. Switched to directv where AK isn't different than America.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)