Spotbeam 15 on 61.5

I guess if the OP tells us where is he legit located (east is about as vague as "places men fear to tread" :)) then we might be able to help better

the reason I ask is the OP says NJ but he "moved" to get Philly. There are only 2 markets in Jersey and thats Philly & NY. If he "moved" to get Philly then the OP has to be further south than that ;)

edit: from his 1st post he mentioned he "moved" 40 miles away to get Philly locals...so he must be south of Jersey and from the maps he is probably picking up the Virginia spotbeam
edit2: from my maps linky thing....the spotbeam he is under with Philly is the same as Virginia....Philly on TP11, Virginia on 15

Last edited:
East is pretty specific :)

sorry I thought it was in my original post a few days ago. I am in Delaware, in Sussex Co near Greenwood, just south of the Kent Co. border. I have "moved" for years to get the Philly locals but when I had to move to upgrade the receivers I had originally asked the question about moving further north to get NY locals. I had found that original post of someone who was in the same area and was told they must be seeing the NY spot and not the Virginia spot. So that brings us to today.....

spotbeam 4 for Virginia (TP15 is Norfolk locals)
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W...

key thing is those maps the signal (IIRC) was shifted a little NE from those maps
Something is definitely amiss, because E12 cannot send TP15 out spotbeam 4. I suppose if E12 were rotated sufficiently to the NE, then Norfolk would be within spotbeam 5 for NC. This would explain the OPs problem, and also the fact that I'm getting slightly better signal strength on 1, 7, and 15 here in northern VA than the OP.

ok. looks like i will spend the night packing to move back to Delaware :( I was going back to this post from a few year ago, someone in the same situation:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/180936-anyway-know-what-spotbeam-i-am.htmlhttp://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/180936-anyway-know-what-spotbeam-i-am.html

I thought from that that I was seeing the NY spot.

Thanks for all the help. But one more question, wouldn't I be able to see some of the NY locals on 110? I have a wing dish pointed there.

NY Big 4 + WPIX, WWOR are CONUS but on 119...if you move the wing dish to 119 that might work...channels 8100-8105

The stuff on 110 spotbeam (most the other NY Locals) the footprint you look like you're out of
110 TP20 you can try

But if you want the NY Big 4 I'd move that 110 dish to 119

But they are all SD on 110, correct? It just looked like from one of the maps I was well within the spot on 110 so I was curious why I wasn't seeing them. But that was a few hours ago and I may have been looking at the wrong thing.

I will just happily move back a few miles north of where I really am and get Philly HD locals. Just wanted to push the envelope I guess...... I really appreciate all the help.

But they are all SD on 110, correct? ]quote]
no. Big 4 networks along with WPIX & WWOR in SD are on 119
The rest of NY is on 110

If DIsh carries the station in HD on Eastern Arc (as you are on) there is no SD counterpart....so yuo could get the NY stations in SD by reaiming the 110 dish to 119

I will just happily move back a few miles north of where I really am and get Philly HD locals. Just wanted to push the envelope I guess...... I really appreciate all the help.

thats your call where you want to "live". But happy to help out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)