HD for Life for Existing Customers - Few quick clarifications...

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
i logged into the online Dish account today and checked the HD for Life link. It says that I am able to receive HD for life for free if I provide a 24 month commitment, or option (2) says that I can do it for a one-time $99 fee.

I just want to confirm that existing customers/subscribers are getting this same offer...does this mean that I would no longer be charged the $10/month fee that I am currently paying to receive HD?

Also, worth mentioning, i did a chat and was told that I could get moved over to the EA for free of charge, but go figure I jumped over here to type this post and when I returned to the chat it had ended and closed...

I just signed up yesterday for HD for life. It knocks $10 off my bill, which means that if you add $6/month for the protection plan, you're STILL saving $4/month

understood regarding the platinum package, but currently I pay $10/month for what is noted as HD 200, so just to confirm my monthly bill will actually decrease by $10/month and all I have to do is pay $99 one-time fee or make a 24 month commitment.

Currently I pay $54.99 for AT200 and $10 for HD200. I do not currently receive or pay for HD Platinum.

-mcbride

slackeyed - yes, that is what I thought that my bill would decrease by $10/month. Or I could add the HD Platinum and receive no change in monthly bill

me being the pessimist that i am, I'm looking at this offer and wondering why Dish would offer something that would lower our monthly fee by $10? what am i missing here? I noticed that the promo ends in September...are they going to make some new changes or something after that? just seems so unlike Dish to decrease your bill rather than increase it...

Well you have to agree to a 2 year commitment in order to get HD for life, or pay them $99 up front, but if you want HD for life, a 2 year commitment is no big whoop.

me being the pessimist that i am, I'm looking at this offer and wondering why Dish would offer something that would lower our monthly fee by $10? what am i missing here? I noticed that the promo ends in September...are they going to make some new changes or something after that? just seems so unlike Dish to decrease your bill rather than increase it...

Because essentially offering Free HD does not really cost Dish very much at all. Since their standard receivers are HD anyways now, they are not paying more in equipment charges for an HD customer. So, they are getting $99 or a commitment out of you for 2 years in exchange for the small programming costs.

guess that makes sense...i'm looking at it from the perspective that I've been paying for it for so many years (since they first starting offering it) that it just seem odd to now be free...but if all of the standard receivers are HD ready, then I can understand what they're doing...guess I'll make the change...

Currently I pay $54.99 for AT200 and $10 for HD200. I do not currently receive or pay for HD Platinum.
And that is your problem in a nutshell. Those of us who discovered (via this forum) that Platinum became free a while back when it had only 7 mostly worthless channels, we added it. So, for the same $10 HD add-on fee, we got HD + Platinum. Then, when HD went "Free for Life", we got it automatically. Then, if we wanted, we could jettison Platinum and save $10/mo.

Those customers who never added the free Platinum never got the automatic promotion to Free HD for Life. :( I'd use the devilish emoticon here, but in that one the devil is smiling and that's definitely not how I feel about such treatment.

And that is your problem in a nutshell. Those of us who discovered (via this forum) that Platinum became free a while back when it had only 7 mostly worthless channels, we added it. So, for the same $10 HD add-on fee, we got HD + Platinum. Then, when HD went "Free for Life", we got it automatically. Then, if we wanted, we could jettison Platinum and save $10/mo.

Those customers who never added the free Platinum never got the automatic promotion to Free HD for Life. :( I'd use the devilish emoticon here, but in that one the devil is smiling and that's definitely not how I feel about such treatment.

What about those that had HD Platinum before it became free? I have had "America's Everything Pak" $99 + "HD 250" $10 + "HD Platinum" $10 for many months now.

What about those that had HD Platinum before it became free? I have had "America's Everything Pak" $99 + "HD 250" $10 + "HD Platinum" $10 for many months now.

You should be getting HD for Life Free as well, paying $10 less. Do a chat and make that happen.

You should be getting HD for Life Free as well, paying $10 less. Do a chat and make that happen.

Anything else I should be getting off? Also what would it show up on the bill? I have "America's Everything Pak" $99 "HD 250" $10 "HD Platinum" $10 "Service Plan (15/0)" $6 "Duo DVR Receiver" $17 and "DVR Service" $6. There are two credits "Receiver Credit 6 of 6" -$5 and "Loyalty Credit 6 of 6" -$4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)