Spotbeam question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I was looking at a spotbeam coverage map for the satellite at 101 that carries the Kansas City locals. I am considering a "move" to KC from my current location in order to get the HD locals from KC. I currently get them from E* this way but I really want to drop E* altogether. I have kept them just for the HD locals while wating for a DNS waiver, but I am considering just "moving" instead. Using this map : Spotbeam Satellites, I would be in the area but on the Western edges of it. Is this the right spotbeam to start with and how acurate is the coverage as to what it shows?

There is no set rule of distance and those maps are as old as dirt itself and are not scientific; but a great collection of user provided info and guess-ta-mates, but if you are under say 200 miles "as the crow flys" it would be a good bet. So you can call; ask to change you SERVICE ADDRESS and see what you get; you can always claim a mistake and change back if you don't get them. REMEMBER this process of claiming a DMA other than your own is illegal and against the EULA with DirecTV.

Make sure, if you decide to do this, that you change your service address ONLY.

REMEMBER this process of claiming a DMA other than your own is illegal and against the EULA with DirecTV.
This is no different than E*. I may just give this a shot and see if it works.

This is no different than E*. I may just give this a shot and see if it works.

just FYI you are using the wrong spotbeam map. The spotbeam you are looking at is for SD locals and the HD locals spotbeams are usually much smaller. If you are on the edge of the SD spotbeam the chances are you will be out of the HD one. There is no published information on HD spotbeam coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts