SPRING DANGERS IN THE DISH PILE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Got a VERY good reminder to watch closely when you are going through your dish pile this time of year.

Almost got nailed this afternoon by a 4' rattlesnake resting under a dish while I was scrounging out there for parts for a brain fart project.

Long handled stiff tined rake and a machette put an end to the discussion though.

Be very carefull going through your scrounge pile this time of year!

(The red tailed hawk that lives in the tree across the street seemed pretty happy with the free meal. Took him all of like 3 minutes to snag it when I dropped it for him)

I'm in eastern Kentucky as well LoTech and I remember last year the copperhead population was awful. One got in my front-yard last Summer that was almost 7' Long. That thing could have eaten my foot off. My neighbor, I and two shovels ended this discussion too. I had the heebejeebies for the rest of the Summer last year, diddn't dare go out after dark without a flashlight. Even took the shovel with me when i had to go out and adjust the dish! LOL I hope this winter and a few of our shovels helped curb the number of them this comming year. But be careful out there all you FTAers. I have heard some of them like to coil up around warm places like mounting poles so be watchful when working on your dish!

I don't know how you guys do it, snakes don't scare me, but I do get startled when I see them, of course our snaked generally don't try to bite you. Thank God their are no poisonous snakes here in Maine.

I don't know how you guys do it, snakes don't scare me, but I do get startled when I see them, of course our snaked generally don't try to bite you. Thank God their are no poisonous snakes here in Maine.

Rattlesnakes can be aggressive little buggers. I've had a few encounters while hiking around New Mexico. In general they don't want to have anything to do with you. But if you startle them all bets are off.

Rattlesnakes can be aggressive little buggers. I've had a few encounters while hiking around New Mexico. In general they don't want to have anything to do with you. But if you startle them all bets are off.
I watch even in the winter when I walk... I've killed 3 on my land walking the dogs in the last 2 years... 80's yesterday should have brought some out.

they got snakes down in Wabasha Winona area. Supposedly 1 guy was bit down by Black dog Power plant.

We just have Lymes, West Nile and by Lake Superior there is Huanta Virus.

The worst is Lutefisk:eek:

Just found a black widow in the muffler of my tiller today. Not really FTA related, but watch out for spiders too. Some of them are very poisonous, and they can be just about anywhere.

they got snakes down in Wabasha Winona area. Supposedly 1 guy was bit down by Black dog Power plant.

We just have Lymes, West Nile and by Lake Superior there is Huanta Virus.

The worst is Lutefisk:eek:

Down by Lanesboro (Minnesota, something of a local tourist spot) there's supposed to be a few. My sister actually went out looking for rattlesnakes when she lived down there, but we didn't see any.

Anyway, after all of the stories of people finding wasps nests in their Primestar LNBs, I certainly inspected mine carefully after last year's thaw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)