Springfield/Holyoke OTA - AM21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2003
I have a Channel Master deep fringe vhf/uhf combo antenna with a channel master antenna amplifier with a channel master digital rotor underneath it.

Before the AM21 addition, I plugged the antenna directly into the tv input and received channel 3's analog signal (believe the tower is in Farminton, CT) crystal clear.

I hooked up the AM21 to my HR22-100 and the only channel I can pull in is Channel 22 Spfld. As all the AM21 works with are digital channels, I don't get channel 3 ota anymore unless I unplug it from the AM21 and plug it into the tv directly.

But, isn't that station going away soon? I don't get any of the Channel 3 digital channels (WSHM).

I thought that the digital signals would be at least as good as the analog but it appears not. So, CBS OTA will probably be gone pretty soon.

Are the digital signals at full power now??

I have a Channel Master deep fringe vhf/uhf combo antenna with a channel master antenna amplifier with a channel master digital rotor underneath it.

Before the AM21 addition, I plugged the antenna directly into the tv input and received channel 3's analog signal (believe the tower is in Farminton, CT) crystal clear.

I hooked up the AM21 to my HR22-100 and the only channel I can pull in is Channel 22 Spfld. As all the AM21 works with are digital channels, I don't get channel 3 ota anymore unless I unplug it from the AM21 and plug it into the tv directly.

It sounds like either the UHF part of the antenna isn't as sensitive as you need, or that it needs to be better-aimed.

The actual frequencies used to broadcast digital channels usually don't correspond to the channel number advertised by the station. WFSB/WSHM's (channel 3's) digital signal is broadcast on (IIRC) 33, but WWLP's (22's) digital signal is transmitted on VHF channel 11.

I live near BDL, and I have no problem picking up either WGGB (40) or WGBY (57) off the air, but I do have to point the antenna towards Mt. Tom to receive them. Similarly, I have no problems getting WFSB (3), WTXX (20), WEDH (24), WVIT (30), or WTIC (61)....but I do have to point my antenna towards Avon & Rattlesnake Mountains. WWLP (22), I receive clearly regardless of which way my antenna points, as the VHF portion of my antenna is not terribly directional.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)