Sprint Changes Corporate Discounts

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Sprint has officially dropped the corporate discounts for lines 3 thru 5. Check your bills as the change will take effect on your August statement.

Sprint has officially dropped the corporate discounts for lines 3 thru 5. Check your bills as the change will take effect on your August statement.

Verizon only does it on line one. They had in error in the system and use to do it on line 2 but they fixed it. My wife got a BB Curve 18 months ago and my discount reduced her data packaged to $23.99 instead of $29.99.

In the end I am not surprised companies are doing this to increase the bottom line.

This change does not make me happy at all. If the add a line fee was $9.99 like other providers it would not be a big deal but if you have 3 extra lines at $29.99 (each) the removal of the discounts can add up pretty fast.

This change does not make me happy at all. If the add a line fee was $9.99 like other providers it would not be a big deal but if you have 3 extra lines at $29.99 (each) the removal of the discounts can add up pretty fast.
What plan are you using? Sprint is $19.99 for extra lines on everything data family

Lkr said:
What plan are you using? Sprint is $19.99 for extra lines on everything data family

You are correct. For some reason I had 29.99 on my mind.

Verizon is $9.99 to add the line then $30 for the data, so they come out to $40 per line. AT&T is $10 for the line and then $15 for only 200mb data, so it goes up to $25 per line. Quite a mess :s

Verizon is $9.99 to add the line then $30 for the data, so they come out to $40 per line. AT&T is $10 for the line and then $15 for only 200mb data, so it goes up to $25 per line. Quite a mess :s

You are assuming that all of the lines would need a data plan.

You are assuming that all of the lines would need a data plan.
I'm just comparing the features and prices. If you want similar features, Verizon is way too much money. My problem comes with having a college student, a high school senior, and a high school freshman. They all want the fancy phones, which of course are the smart phones. I'm just glad Sprint was able to offer me a deal that was able to provide the service my family wanted :)

I like Verizon (was with them for 8-years) but there phone/date plans are too expensive. We're keeping our SERO plans, but right now I am looking at their netbook/data plan for $59 bucks per month (I'm on the edge) - just a little disappointed our 20% corporate discount doesn't apply for data plans - only phone service.

I'm just comparing the features and prices. If you want similar features, Verizon is way too much money. My problem comes with having a college student, a high school senior, and a high school freshman. They all want the fancy phones, which of course are the smart phones. I'm just glad Sprint was able to offer me a deal that was able to provide the service my family wanted :)

Good for you providing all your kids smart phones. There is now way I would ever allow my kids to have a smart phone. They are lucky to have a phone that they can text easily with. There is no need to a high school kid to be that connected IMO.

Good for you providing all your kids smart phones. There is now way I would ever allow my kids to have a smart phone. They are lucky to have a phone that they can text easily with. There is no need to a high school kid to be that connected IMO.
I'm with you on this issue. I oversee securing very large enterprise networks and we never permitted any of daughters (now grown) to have computers or televisions in their bedrooms...and we're not about to let our 8-year old daughter to have her own smartphone before she is 18. We trust our kids and their judgment (at least most of the time), but we're not about to subject them to predators, cyber bullies, sexters, etc. while they're minors. Kids do not need these things and should not have them IMO.

I understand completely. My kids didn't even get their first phones until high school. However, my two oldest are adults, so it wasn't much of an issue to me of them having smart phones. My 15 year old on the other hand is monitored still.

I like Verizon (was with them for 8-years) but there phone/date plans are too expensive. We're keeping our SERO plans, but right now I am looking at their netbook/data plan for $59 bucks per month (I'm on the edge) - just a little disappointed our 20% corporate discount doesn't apply for data plans - only phone service.
Another reason why I didn't go with Verizon in this day and age was because my corporate discount wouldn't have been good. Back in the day I had Verizon when I was living in southern california, and had good service for 6 years(although cell phones were a LOT different back from 2000-2006).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)