Sprint samsung instinct review

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Well my m520 slider died a few weeks back so I decided to go have it checked and sprint could not fix it and they gave me a brand new samsung instinct s30 that day at the store
overall I like the design better than the old square instinct

I am not a phone geek or anything,I just need a phone to check my emails, IM with friends and an "OK" web browser and GPS is always nice
the only thing I really wish this phone had would be a multi touch screen like the iphone and an accelerometer(makes the phones orientation switch depending on which position you are holding it)

Overall the email experience has been good,the only down side is it lacks HTML support, for example I had a chat with sprint online and they sent me the transcript via email,since it was HTML I could not see it so as a phone for work email you shouldnt rely on it to receive every email, better to be used for personal email.

Sprint threw in the IM app,very good overall no problems.

the GPS sprint navigation app worked great used it to go to a friends place and it led me through the main roads(wish it had the feature some GPS units have that lets you avoid toll roads and a few other things.

the built in browser is decent,but it comes with opera mini preloaded into the phone,which is a nice touch:)

comes with a 2megapixel camera/camcorder (not the best)

the messaging app is near perfect threaded messaging is a nice touch

the phone is good for a non smartphone user and I find it stupid people compare it to the iphone
this is not a smartphone this is just as smart as regular everyday phones get

instead I would compare this phone with the LG Vu AT&T carries.
the box comes with manuals,usb cable,AC charger,micro sd to sd converter card,standard 3.5mm samsung headphones and a few other goodies
this does not include 2 batteries as the original instinct does!:mad:

I would recommend this phone to the average user who needs a non smartphone device
if you need a smartphone go with the touchpro2,pre,hero,pixi
touchpro2 and pre are the only good ones available at this time

here are some pics,my camera was screwing up when attaching so a few of these pics are gathered from the net.

Attachments

• samsung-instinct-s30-cell-phone-9.jpg
    samsung-instinct-s30-cell-phone-9.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 127
  • instinct-mini.jpg
    instinct-mini.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 118
  • samsung-instinct-s30-sprint-71.jpg
    samsung-instinct-s30-sprint-71.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 131
  • instinct.jpg
    instinct.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 127
I hope the mail app is better than when I had an Instinct. Going through the 3rd party server to my corporate exchange server was UNRELIABLE at best.

I'm back on a WinMo phone (HTC Touch Pro) and it's much better.

I havent used it for work email since I dont have one lol.

But like I said the general thing that blows is no HTML email support:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts