SRL working on new channels ala carte

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I spoke with SRL yesterday. They are working on getting Sleuth and Chiller on X4. The rep I spoke with was saying there hoping to sell them ala cart. So for those wanting one or both of those channels and don't want to buy a bunch of stuff with NPS's absolute digital this could be great. :)

I spoke with SRL yesterday. They are working on getting Sleuth and Chiller on X4. The rep I spoke with was saying there hoping to sell them ala cart. So for those wanting one or both of those channels and don't want to buy a bunch of stuff with NPS's absolute digital this could be great. :)

Does SRL Have A Website? Are They Cheaper Than NPS? How Do You Go About Paying for it...do they do monthly like nps where if u wanted it u call if u didnt its just cut it without billing you.

Does SRL Have A Website? Are They Cheaper Than NPS? How Do You Go About Paying for it...do they do monthly like nps where if u wanted it u call if u didnt its just cut it without billing you.

Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming

As of Aug 15th Sleuth and Chiller are now available ala carte.

Funny how SRL can offer these and others ala carte and NPS won't. Never could figure that one out.

Give them a call they can explain all your options.

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed ala carte. I hate to pay for dozens of channels I will never watch to get one. Providers might sell more programming in the end this way customized for each user.

I have always enjoyed ala carte. I hate to pay for dozens of channels I will never watch to get one. Providers might sell more programming in the end this way customized for each user.
Providers get more advertising dollars when they say that they have X# of people subscribing to their channel. That's why they tie a bunch of channels together into packages that you have to buy all together. Then a provider can force you to become a subscriber (to a channel that you may or may not watch) and thereby bump their subscriber numbers and thus their advertising revenue.

Advertising is where the $$$'s are at.. that's why you'll pay lots more for a-la-carte if they were forced to allow that. They can make much more money with less subscribers this way, so a-la-carte is never gonna be mainstream again unless advertising revenue streams change.

Back in the day of Analog..... Turnervision & NPS used to offer a pick a pack thing. I remember that you could change channels on a fly and I did it every so often. I have been using ala carte forever. That's one thing that made the big dish great. I ordered Sleuth today from SRL. I wanted that channel since I saw the master's a couple of years back. I refuse to buy the absolute digiital pack from NPS just to get it though. NPS has there plus's and so does SRL. We have some choice still (not like back in the day), but still more than pizza LSD and cable. :)

How do i get in touch with SRL Id like to check into that i just got my DSR922 haven't set it up yet either.Maybe someone can help me out there to.Id also like to slave it to my pansat and i also have a HDD200 im not sure how to set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts