Stab motor I need help please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putty_tat007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Hello, I have a Stab motor that doesn't want to move at all. I had a friend come check to see if everything was set up correctly and it is.

I must say that it has been a nightmare since the inception of this purchase. Not in the quality of the hardware but once setup all I could see were programs from Asia and the Arab countries. So I let it all sit for a year or so and when we attempted to make it work the motor seems to be deader than a door nail. Could it have frozen up due to the time it wasn't used? Is there anything I can do to make it work?

My friend did try to manually move the motor to no avail. Could the connections at the motor be rusted or is that impossible. Oy so many questions to most likely view nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please note I'm not well indoctrinated in FTA so speak as if you were talking to a three year old. :rolleyes: Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me. Oh also it's almost impossible to find anyone who knows about FTA in Southern California or one that will travel out of their area due to gas prices which are heading for the 4 dollar mark.

3rd degree :)

Which STAB motor? They make several models.
Which dish do you have on it?
What kind of LNB do you have?
Does your set-up have any switches ?
Is this on the roof, or on a pole in the back yard?
If you'd like to post a picture or two, that might help.
What receiver do you have? Make and model.
Where did you purchase the equipment?
Some hardware has a long warranty if bought from authorized dealers.

I wouldn't expect a lot of deterioration of the equipment in the southern California air.
Not like it's rained much in the last year. :)
But loosening the connectors and re-tightening them (by hand) is always useful.
If you do, make sure the power switch on the -rear- of the receiver is turned off.

Here is a nice list of FTA satellites and programming available.
If you want English, you can select it by language to see which birds carry what channels.

The more and better you answer the above questions, the faster and easier we might be able to offer suggestions.
If you read the forum here, you'll see lots of people are getting custom help.
Look over the info - you might see a thread that'll help you.

Loosen the the mounting bolt that goes throught the shaft of the motor then retighten it... the arm that holds the dish maybe binding on the motor housing.

{{{{{Anole}}}}} thank you so very much, I'll try to answer all the questions tomorrow or later tonight if I can. I have to leave in a few.
I have a Coolsat 4000 pro I'll have to check on the rest and I'll try to take a picture of it. It's up on the roof on a sturdy pipe that was never taken down. Thank you so very much and so very sorry I can't give you all the information today. Just hectic. I'll be back for sure. :)

{{{{{UpChuck}}}}} Bless you, I'll do that for sure before anything. By the way love you ID.

Last edited:
Hello again, ok the Stab motor is the HH90 and the dish is the fortech star. We disconnected and reconnected and nothing. We loosened and re-tightened the screws and nothing, the LBN was checked and it came with the dish which is on the roof on a tight non moving post. Sorry couldn't get my camera to work but I'll go now and try again. I scanned and it showed on the screen the dish moving but the dish didn't move at all. This motor has rarely been used so I don't know what is going on. I still need to call Stab customer service if it exists.

If anyone knows anyone that works on FTA in Southern CA what to look under I would be grateful. :)

Check your cables again to see if there is any corrosion inside the connectors, if there is replace them for the "O ring" type and try again. Also make sure they are not shorted.

While that Suunto instrument is a beauty, it's not going to solve your problem.
Kinda like fixing a car that's not running by getting it new tires.

We still don't have much info to go on, to help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)