Stack Two KU Dishes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Normally the FD is measured just inside the feedhorn. I concur with Iceberg and Anole.... Set into position then optimize the SQ by adjusting the skew and sliding the towards the reflector or away. it will be obvious in the SQ reading when the feedhorn is in the appropriate position.

I assembled and set up the prime focus dish and played with it all day today. Very disappointed. My Primestar dish is much better than the 6 footer pulling in KU signals. If anyone is in the Indy area and wants this dish, it is setting at my curbside waiting for the recycling truck!

AWK, pull i back and see who will come and get it! Free dishes are getting hard to find! My 10 ft Winegard got bent in the wind and another was damaged by something landing on it! A third has mesh panels blown out but looks repairable.
Yes the primestar is best in my book for KU, but will not do C Band.

...something about workman... and tools... ?

Startin' to sound like Dee Ann.
Go to the C-band section, and look up her giant thread (think it's titled: Finally)
Somewhere in it, well into it, I posted a link to the definitive thread on assembly and tune-up of those 6' dishes.
Read the tuneup thread and apply all that info to your dish.

I'm thinking you probably have the support arms in the wrong place, which would screw up your focus.
But it could well be something else.
For instance, the LNBF needs to be IN the center of the dish, and pointed AT the center of the dish.
Dee posted some great pictures in her thread showing that she hadn't quite gotten to that point.

Of course, focus and skew need to be fine tuned, as well.
So, if you're not getting a good signal with the WSI/Galaxy 6' dish, and the SatelliteAV prime focus LNBF, someone... is doing something wrong. ;)

This is how/where the Supports are to be mounted.

The Blow-up Parts sheet that comes with the Bargain Dish is deceiving.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 94
I remember Dee Ann from the Voom days here and @ AV Science. Read the “Finally” thread and appreciate the patience required for the 6’ dish. From the post above yes I did have the support arms in the correct place and I did  try both of the mounting hole options with the arms on the star ring. My experience was some of the signals came in fine and strong but the transponders I was interested in would not come in at all with any signal strength on the 6’ dish. The Primestar dish could lock on the transponders in question. Tried adjusting the focal length and skew but came up with the same results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)