Standalone IR Blaster?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arch The Spark

Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Central US
Is there such an animal as a standalone IR Blaster that can be programmed? What I mean is an IR Blaster that can be programmed to emit certain IR signals at a certain time without needing Alexa or an active wifi connection or a smart phone actively connected or to require a running computer to control it, etc. Programming it with a smart phone app would be fine, just not having to have an active smart phone connected to send the signal to start the device blasting. My non-DVR satellite receiver doesn't have program timers so I want to program it to switch to certain programs at certain times. I see all sorts of IR Blaster devices listed on Amazon but they mostly seem to need an active smart phone connection to perform the actual timer function or they want to tie into some voice command system.

Well even if they do cost a few bucks it looks like my Logitech Harmony Ultimate is up to the task.
Mine is 6 years old and still going strong. Still learing things that it can do.

Well even if they do cost a few bucks it looks like my Logitech Harmony Ultimate is up to the task.
Mine is 6 years old and still going strong. Still learing things that it can do.
The Harmony Companion is a much, much less expensive solution (about 73% less expensive). It has some limitations on the device count and lacks a configurable display, but it can otherwise control everything an Ultimate can.

My Harmony 650 is wearing out, particularly with the skip back button.

Havta see what is available today. Anyone knowledgeable about the Hub?

Havta see what is available today. Anyone knowledgeable about the Hub?
It costs about twice as much as the 650 but it opens the door to 2.4GHz RF (Bluetooth, Wi-fi) and network control.

It obviously supports Android and iOS devices acting as remotes but who really wants to dedicate a device?

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts