Standard Directv Receivers (D12) and Vonage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eldondee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hello,

I recently got vonage and noticed that my D12 receivers are unable to successfully connect with Directv. In the calls log I see that the receiver is indeed making the daily calls to 2 toll free numbers, however when I called DTV tech support they are saying that the calls arn't succesful. They walked my throught the process of adding *99 Prefix in the receivers but nothing seems to change.

I contacted vonage which ran tests to diagnos call quality and other stuff but no luck. The techs at vonage even have me disable call waiting but to no avail.

I did a thorough research online and saw many posts with different sol.utions but all those seems to be directed at tivos/dvrs. I tried them however with no luck.

Can anyone help?

PS I tried several variations of the dial out prfixes which includes:
..*99
,*99,

and many others were tried.

Does it really matter all that much if they can't call out? D* doesn't care, & other than loosing onscreen caller ID, the only other thing you loose is remote control PPV ordering - but you can order it for free online & it goes to ALL your receivers at once.

Yes, I agree. Thanks But I am the type who wants to have everything working the way it is supposed to. I kmow of people who have no problems getting this to work. What can my problem be.

Going way back, I had trouble with early Hughes receivers if there were any telephone voice messages waiting. The receiver would check for a solid dial tone, detect beep-beep-beep-beep-beep, and determine it to be "no dail tone".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts