Standing By For Installer - any tips?

roshmago

Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Hello all. It's my first post and I'm waiting for the install guy to come over. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Ron

Get the installers name...company name and phone number...and be patient.
If he/she states anything contradictory to this forum (the diplexor is ok if he has a Winegard gs-200a antenna) then be firm and point him/her in the right direction. If they don't get it completely right take what you get and make sure you ask for someone else next time. Some folks would tell you to ask them to leave if they can't get it right but the way I look at it some Voom is better than no Voom.

Thanks Ilya, I did not know about that FAQ, and am reading it now.

Much appreciation!

Thanks for the input guys! Technut - good thinking, I've got some drinks on ice for him and a travel bottle of Goldschlager if he's game. To be consumed AFTER the install of course. :D

Gump! You must be a *&#%^^$ Genius!!!

The install went great! The guy got there at the end of the time window - anticipation! - but once he got here, he knew his stuff. He had the Windeguard antenna which KNS (Temecula, CA installer) already advised me wouldn't be strong enough to receive local signals. Gotta read up on powered antennas now. But he was fast (couple of hours) and didn't charge me extra for having to move the dish to the 2nd story roof (the first story couldn't get a good enough angle on the satellite).

Anyway, I'm VOOMing and I love it! Now if only I could get Fox Sports Net HD and TechTV I'd be completely blissful. Thanks for all the great input, y'all!

May the VOOM be with you....always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)