V* install Tuesday, any experience with Advanced Technologies in Boise, Id.?

leaderc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2004
I'm getting VOOM installed on Tuesday, I'm in Boise, Id. and just wondered if anyone has experience with Advanced Technologies out of Nampa? Any other Boise users? I was wondering if we get rain fade up here and/or should I just ask initially for the 24" or 30" dish?

Thanks in advance,
Charles

Welcome to the forum leaderc. There is a thread in the Voom In Your Area forum about Boise, but it only has 5 posts. It is here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=28119&highlight=boise.

The installers will most likely put up the standard 18 inch dish, and you'll have to see if rain/snow knock out the signal. In Denver, I've had it happen a few times, but the signal returns in about 10-15 minutes. Good luck with your installation tomorrow!! Again, welcome--this is a great place to get and trade information.

Thought I'd reply to the list with the installation results if anyone was interested. All went well, the dish was zeroed in with a 94% signal at the box. The only glitch was that I specifically asked for the DVI cable to be hooked up and it wasn't. The cable was left so I installed it myself last night. In all fairness to Advanced Technologies, I had left component cables there to be hooked up, and though my wife asked for the DVI to be installed they didn't because the component cables were there.

The only bugs I've seen are the knowns that I've read about on the board, no picture on channel change so you go up or down one channel and back, and the pixel that remains after being in the guide. So far, so good, great picture quality and sound in HD.

Charles

Congratulations on your successful install! Enjoy VOOM!

Yes, it was the 18" dish. Signal is 94% on the box, down to 87% when it was raining the other night. I've had no signal loss even with rain so far...

Charles

Glad your install went well. I'm also in Boise and had great luck with Voom here. The OTA channels come in great for me too. I got the the 18" dish from them too...

I don't get the locals, we're nestled up against the foothills right in the shadow of all the OTA transmitters on the hill.... :( Not a Voom problem, I couldn't get them with my E* HD box either....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts