Stanley Cup

Remember when Boston was the dominant sports city in the fall of 2007?

Perhaps Detroit will be this year's 'Super Sports City, or Center of the Sports Universe.'

(Tigers still can make some noise, and the Lions WILL be a better team- I think Kitna's 10-win guarantee will come true.)

Your football team can't even win their division...and you want Detroit to be the next city of Champions? Yeah the Red Wings will probably win the cup(cheaters.), and the Pistons might beat the Celtics.

But your baseball team is tied with KC for last place...and the last time Detroit saw a good football team was when the Steelers won the Superbowl there.

If I was the coach of the Pens, first thing I would do is get that little short guy who jumped in the air to hit Ruutuu, and next time he jumps, bend down and back flip him on the ice. But the first thing I would do is get Laraque and Roberts on the first shift and both charge that diving goaltender Oz. Hey I don't care if the pens lose fairly, but when your guys hold and dive and cheap shots...well some of your players should pay.
The first things their coach should do is shut-up, stop being a such a little cry-baby, grow a pair, and take his teams beating like a man. Heck, his cry-baby attitude is spilling over to his players who, if they're not careful, will be forever known as the Pittsburgh Pengwaahs!

Second, he should coach his team to play better than the Red Wings who, by all accounts and measures, have dominated the Penguins in every aspect in the game of hockey. I am sorry, but it's impossible to make a convincing argument regarding opponent interference and flopping when they have been so soundly beaten.

The Stanley Cup finals is no place for whiners and sissies...let's play the game!:tux:

If I was the coach of the Pens, first thing I would do is get that little short guy who jumped in the air to hit Ruutuu, and next time he jumps, bend down and back flip him on the ice. But the first thing I would do is get Laraque and Roberts on the first shift and both charge that diving goaltender Oz. Hey I don't care if the pens lose fairly, but when your guys hold and dive and cheap shots...well some of your players should pay.

Hold and Dive and Cheap Shots ... That sounds like the Penguins whole season.
Crosby should win an academy award for diving.

Yeah the Red Wings will probably win the cup(cheaters.), and the Pistons might beat the Celtics.

Please point out the Cheating that is going on ....
Not like the Penguins getting every first goal against them taken off the board, both were legit goals.

Cheating ... When did they put a right hook to the head in the rule book as being legal (Roberts) I know, Roberts said he hit him with his shoulder, I think the old man has forgotten the name of his body parts, it was clearly a right hook to the head, with intent to re injure the player.

So, this series could have been worse on the score board if you count the Two first goals that were disallowed while the refs made up the rules as they went.
Sorry , my butt was in the crease ....
On the next disallowed goal, Flurey was clearly out of the crease and STILL got the call.....

If Pittsburgh falls behind in game 3 it could get ugly quickly, hopefully, the Pens will play with a bit more maturity.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Please point out the Cheating that is going on ....
Not like the Penguin getting every first goal against them taken off the board, both were legit goals.

Cheating ... When did they put a right hook to the head in the rule book as being legal (Roberts) I know, Roberts said he hit him with his shoulder, I think the old man has forgotten the name of his body parts, it was clearly a right hook to the head, with intent to re injure the player.

So, this series could have been worse on the score board if you count the Two first goals that were disallowed while the refs made up the rules as they went.
Sorry , my butt was in the crease ....
On the next disallowed goal, Flurey was clearly out of the crease and STILL got the call.....

If Pittsburgh falls behind in game 3 it could get ugly quickly, hopefully, the Pens will play with a bit more maturity.

Jimbo

Feet left the ice

[YOUTUBE]QFr3NM7vZE8&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

What a dive....if his head hurts too much....then maybe he shouldn't be playing.:rolleyes:

AWWWW....lets feel sorry for the guy with headache.

[YOUTUBE]pSGShYjQX2s&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

Osgood is a good diver.:rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]ypFazgUTbgE&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RAsN2A4dawg&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

BTW...Chelios is older than Roberts

Last edited:
Hold and Dive and Cheap Shots ... That sounds like the Penguins whole season.
Crosby should win an academy award for diving.

Didn't your team get beat?

I know the Red Wings are gonna win...I knew that from the begining, But atleast the Penguins made it to the finals....and your team didn't.

Didn't your team get beat?

I know the Red Wings are gonna win...I knew that from the begining, But atleast the Penguins made it to the finals....and your team didn't.

Sorry, I guess your just upset that I was pointing out the obvious. It is just silly that you are calling out the Red Wings for something that the Penguins have made an art form.

"You put your right skate in, you put your right skate out,
You put your rear end in , and you shake it all about,
You do the Holmstrom Pokie, and you shake it all around,
That's what it's all about!"

The Red Wings have learned from their defeats in previous seasons, just as Crosby and his young team mates will learn this round. Just the way the game is played in the finals....

First, when a players feet leaves the ice during a hit it should be called a penalty. I am not sure why the ref watching the play didn't blow the whistle, but I don't see how the play is cheating. Pete Rose betting on baseball is cheating; the Red Wings paying the refs to look the other way is cheating; a goalie intentially using pads that are "too big" is cheating; a player hooking, slashing or roughing is known as a penalty.;)

Seriously, does anyone remember who comes in 2nd place? You win and you're in 1st, you lose in the Stanley Cup finals and you're tied for last...with everyone else.

Finals open with 157 percent increase in ratings

Full Story

The Detroit Red Wings' victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup finals opener was the highest-rated and most-watched cable telecast of the championship round in six years.

The Red Wings' 4-0 win on Saturday night had a 1.8 national rating -- drawing over 2.3 million viewers. The rating was the highest for an NHL game on Versus, topping the audience that watched the Penguins' Game 2 victory over Philadelphia in this year's Eastern Conference finals.

Only Lance Armstrong's final ride in the 2005 Tour de France had a higher rating in Versus history (2.1).

First, when a players feet leaves the ice during a hit it should be called a penalty. I am not sure why the ref watching the play didn't blow the whistle, but I don't see how the play is cheating. Pete Rose betting on baseball is cheating; the Red Wings paying the refs to look the other way is cheating; a goalie intentially using pads that are "too big" is cheating; a player hooking, slashing or roughing is known as a penalty.;)

Seriously, does anyone remember who comes in 2nd place? You win and you're in 1st, you lose in the Stanley Cup finals and you're tied for last...with everyone else.

The Wings are paying the refs off ?????

Where did that come from ???

Jimbo

Feet left the ice

[YOUTUBE]QFr3NM7vZE8&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

What a dive....if his head hurts too much....then maybe he shouldn't be playing.:rolleyes:

AWWWW....lets feel sorry for the guy with headache.

Osgood is a good diver.:rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]ypFazgUTbgE&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RAsN2A4dawg&hl=en[/YOUTUBE]

BTW...Chelios is older than Roberts

Would you like me to find the video of the Wings goals being called off for no appearant reason.

Seems to me if the Pens were playing well, they wouldn't need to go to playing like thugs , Franzen was cleared to play, he's fine.
No big deal, just an illegal play with NO CALL.
I noticed you didn't include the Roberts right hook to the head in your video clips.

btw, what does Chelois have to do with this ?
Of course he's older than Roberts, he's currently the oldest in the NHL.

Jimbo

There will be no sweep.

It's a series now.

As expected ....

I'm glad the Penguins played the way they are expected tonight, would have been a sad sight had Detroit won tonight.

Pens had jump in their game tonight, Wings took awhile to get going, still made it interesting in the end.
We may still be playing had Ozzie not tried to poke check the puck which made him leave the goal, then let it in off his back getting back into the net.
That is a mistake on Ozzie's part.

Jimbo

Would you like me to find the video of the Wings goals being called off for no appearant reason.

I can't find videos of all the clutching and grabbing and sticks between the legs.

Seems to me if the Pens were playing well, they wouldn't need to go to playing like thugs , Franzen was cleared to play, he's fine.
No big deal, just an illegal play with NO CALL.
I noticed you didn't include the Roberts right hook to the head in your video clips.

Yes I did.

btw, what does Chelois have to do with this ?
Of course he's older than Roberts, he's currently the oldest in the NHL.

Jimbo

Just liked to point out Roberts isn't the oldest.:D

True...but when a team always does that as part of their play, and it's never called....well it gets frustrating.

1991...Minnesota North Stars
1992...Chicago Blackhawks.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)