Stanley Cup

Good game last night...even though the good guys in Red and White were on the losing end of the scoreboard. I can't wait for Game 4!

It wasn't that bad of a game. The writing is definitely on the wall for the Pens, though. The Wings played VERY poorly and still only lost 3-2. You have to believe the Wings will have fire in their bellies for Game 4 and will hoist the Cup back home in 5.

According to Sports Media Watch, Game 3 pulling in a 2.9 overnight rating. Look for that to go up over a 3.0 in the remaining weeknight games if Pittsburgh wins Saturday.

I've always thought that NBC might have been sorry that they took this deal, and that they would want them all to end in 4 games if they had their way, but I think they might want to see this one stretch out. I don't know how the profit-sharing deal with the NHL matches up with production costs of their other prime-time programming, and I know their actual ratings would be lower than the other networks', but they have to be happy with what may end up being the highest ratings the NHL has seen in a while.

My chief complaint about FiOS TV is their not having Versus HD...just the SD flavor. While it was nice seeing the game in HD last night, the NBC hockey analysts are terrible...they actually made the Versus production look professional.

The game was good because Pittsburgh was much more competitive. However, I did not see anything to suggest they will be able to beat the Red Wings.

My chief complaint about FiOS TV is their not having Versus HD...just the SD flavor. While it was nice seeing the game in HD last night, the NBC hockey analysts are terrible...they actually made the Versus production look professional.

The game was good because Pittsburgh was much more competitive. However, I did not see anything to suggest they will be able to beat the Red Wings.

Q. Will anyone watch VS after the hockey season is over ?

I thought that VS and NBC announcer were the same guys....

Jimbo

Got to say I feel the same way. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Game 4 tonight 8 pm.

Biggest game of the series ...so far

With the Pens playing better and the Wings done with thier worst game of the playoffs, it should be a really good game.

If the Pens win, everything is equal, both team held ground at home, as they are suppose to, according to most.
If Wings win, they take a 3-1 lead and go home for a potential clinching game.

See how important this game is ????

Jimbo

Q. Will anyone watch VS after the hockey season is over ?

I thought that VS and NBC announcer were the same guys....

Jimbo

Of course.

The HD channel is shared with Golf-HD. As a matter of fact, I was watching the second round of the Memorial Tournament in HD yesterday on Versus/Golf HD.

We might as well hand the Cup to Detroit's geezer squad.

I guess having a boatload of old guys is what you need to win a Cup.

And, for the 10,000th time, I have to hear that Lidstrom's the greatest thing since sliced bread...

And, for the 10,000th time, I have to hear that Lidstrom's the greatest thing since sliced bread...

I don't mind the Wings winning the Cup (I respect both teams). I was just hoping for a 6 or 7 game series............that's looking very doubtful at the moment.

Geezers ???

If you look at the age of the two teams a bit closer you would find that the Penguins avg age is 28 and the Wings is 31.

Hardly a large disparency , the Pens are not that young overall.

also, fwiw, I'm REALLY tired of the camera and commentators making Crosby out to be Gretzky , Camera's continuisly following him around, I'm surprised they didn't show him in the locker room.

The real star of the series so far has been Ozzie (Osgood) and Zetterberg.

Jimbo

...just a boat load of outstanding "old guys" and Lindstrom is only the greatest hockey defender since sliced bread.;)

Yep Jimbo, Zetterberg or Ozzie are easily the MVP's of the Finals. Chance that I'll get my wish that I stated early on in this thread, Wings in 5 so they win it at home.

Good game last night. Nail-biter to the end. Could've easily gone the other way, but that's the way the puck bounces. I look to see the Wings clinch the cup in either game 5 or 6.

Looking forward to what the Pens should do next season with this experience under their belts, and Crosby will only get better and better. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)