Star Choice LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

black Bear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Could you please let me know if this dish will work for G10 before i buy it ..
Here is some info on it ! Thx

Assembled 75-E Antenna, with QUAD LNBF installed.

Some Installation Notes:

Secure the ground lug to a spare hole adjacent to the curved slot at the base of the Mast Mount. Remove surface paint if necessary to allow proper grounding.
INSTALL THE TOOTH WASHER BETWEEN THE GROUND LUG AND UNIVERSAL MOUNT & MAST ASSEMBLY, and fasten securely to provide proper grounding.

Previous instructions mention a 2 x 2 Multiswitch. It is NOT used or required when using the Dual Satellite Integrated Quad LNBF supplied with this system. Use of a power divider or splitter for QUAD LNBF signal distribution is NOT recommended. Each receiver must be connected DIRECTLY with a single cable to any of the QUAD LNBF ports (2 connections for DSR-530 PVR). Multi-switch function is built into the logic of the QUAD LNBF, and when dish is properly aligned, and STAR CHOICE has properly mapped your Satellite Receiver for Dual Satellite, Non-Stacked Type, all switching will be automatic.

The 75-E QUAD LNBF is specifically designed for use with this 75 cm Elliptical Antenna. Do NOT attempt to install it on any other antenna, and do not try using the QUAD LNBF supplied for the 60-E elliptical antenna on this antenna. Each is designed as a matched set, and will not work on other systems. The proper QUAD LNBF for the 75-E antenna is model number LM-2738-75SC.

Installation should be set up using Channel 299 on Anik F1R satellite (107.3 West). Once system is activated, signal level should be re-checked on Channel 260, which is on the Anik F2 satellite (111.1 West) and can be used for its alignment.

Maximum cable distance between the QUAD LNBF and any receiver is 150 feet, when used with quality RG-6 (60% braid) type cable. There is no minimum cable length requirement. Longer distances should use RG-11 or heavier cable, after confirming the most suitable type from a qualified technician.

Unused LNBF ports do not need to be terminated, but should use the rubber protector supplied with the QUAD LNBF to minimize exposure to moisture and environment.

Do NOT use In-Line Satellite Amplifiers with the QUAD LNBF system, as they will interrupt normal functionality.

Attachments

• 75Ecompleted.jpg
    75Ecompleted.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 321
yep it will work for G10. Those StarChoice dishes will work for any KU satellite (or 2 if they're 4 degrees apart) so G10 will work fine

I have one of those for my SC subscription and have used it for FTA too :)

one satellite has a 22k switch built in (the 2nd LNB)

Thanx Iceberg .
I will go pick up that dish today as i found a used one ..He is delivering it half way on a motor bike , lol ..
I suppose that it to would work the same as the beer can lnb and the lnb to the right standing behind dish is the one to use .. I never had any luck with the beer can lnb and want to try this new lnb and dish .. It measures 32" across .. Thx again !:)

Iceberg said:
I have one of those for my SC subscription and have used it for FTA too :)

I was looking at the SC website yesterday and I got the impression only Canadians could subscribe.. The $20.00 package didn't look bad..

BKP said:
I was looking at the SC website yesterday and I got the impression only Canadians could subscribe.. The $20.00 package didn't look bad..

correct. Only people with a Canadian address can subscribe. (or if you use a program broker)
Check the Canadian TV section for more details :)

black Bear said:
Thanx Iceberg .
I will go pick up that dish today as i found a used one ..He is delivering it half way on a motor bike , lol ..
I suppose that it to would work the same as the beer can lnb and the lnb to the right standing behind dish is the one to use .. I never had any luck with the beer can lnb and want to try this new lnb and dish .. It measures 32" across .. Thx again !:)

the 75e is 37x27" and will work :)

One of the LNB's is right on the arm. That one needs a 22k turned on and gives you a couple more quality points than the offset one

I tried for a couple hours to hit G10 R/KU with no luck .. I think i read that it was a 60E on the dish and was not a 75 E .. Would this be an issue ? I kept hitting a strong sat that had 16 channels on it but that was all i could get ..
My skew where i live is 35.3 and the skew on this dish starts at 36 ? I read that i should be skewing the dish counter clockwize standing in front but this dish is clockwize for lower skew numbers ..
The only transponder that i can get signal on is (1) 11719 V 27.687 :eek: , after scanning this i got 16 stations of some sort that did not have video ..

Here is my set up !
Pansat 3500sd.
Latest Pansat software from pansat USA .
Starchoice oval 60E with Quad .
Select G10R/KU
LNB Type - Standard
Lnb Local - Freq - 10750
22khz OFF
DiseqC OFF
Skew -45
TP (7) 12114 V 4.444
Positioner Setting Disable
Satellite Scan FTA + Scramble

Please let me know if these settings are what they should be and if i am skewing my dish correctly ..
I do now own a 33" Wingard dish but have not have it set up ..
Thx for any input on this ..
:confused: :)

the 35 skew you take off of 90 (which both LNB's are even) so go 35 from the 90 to the right (if standing behind the dish)

I would chnage the TP to 11800 V 26660 (should be in there). That one is stronger than 11719. It sounds like you're getting Horizons 1 which is at 127 (you need to be at 123) :)

I found that using the left LNB (the one that runs down the mast) is easier to aim but you have to turn the 22k ON in the menu setup

otherwise thre rest is correct

Hey Ice
The third TP is the closest to the one that you suggested and it is 11799 V 27.660
Would this be the one ?The one that you suggessted was 11800V26660 ...

Also , cant seem to find the blind scan option in the antenna set up with the factory bin ? Maybe the 3500 does not have this ? Thx !:)

black Bear said:
Hey Ice
The third TP is the closest to the one that you suggested and it is 11799 V 27.660
Would this be the one ?The one that you suggessted was 11800V26660 ...

Also , cant seem to find the blind scan option in the antenna set up with the factory bin ? Maybe the 3500 does not have this ? Thx !:)
Yes that's the one and on the Pansat you want to use "Smart Search", it is the blind search funtion.

Al

it has to be 26.660 or it won't work :)

go into the transponder edit screen(antenna setup, scroll to bottom it sayds satellite/TP edit and hit OK...select G10 and go to 11800 TP and edit the symbol rate to be 26.660) and save it :)

yes smart scan is the same as blind scan

Ok , I changed the DFreq from 11799 to 11800 and the SR from 27.660 to 26.660 is this ok ? Was not sure if you wanted the DFreq changed too ?:)

Thanx Iceberg !

Howdy Iceberg
Thanx is in order for your help hitting G10 .. I was real happy when i heard the signal tone ..

It is very heavy rain clouds tonight but was still able to blind scan though !
I picked up all the 11800 V 26.657 .. Looks like i did not receive any of the 13 channels on 11720 looking at Lyng Sat ..
Should i add that tp or should i rescan on a clear day :confused: , I've only got 27 quality ?

I picked up Tv 4 and 1 and TV2 (11804)H
Test Ch 11844 / Volkswagon G x 3X's / Ch .1 & 2 -11904V / Jc Penny 11946V/SNG 12103 , I picked up 31 Ch. total ..

After rereading what you said about the skew i hit the bird easily ..
I was skewing the wrong way for many hours :eek: . .. I was going by the numbers on the star choice dish that led me to 35% .. But when i turned it opposite ( to right standing behind )and added 35 to 90 i was on 125 % and bingo .. Is the Choice dish skew reading bass ackwards opposed to other dishes ?:confused:

Oh yah , after i scanned and had video i then switched the sat cable on to the 22k lnb side and had video on it as well , but when i went in and turned the 22k ON like you suggested , then i had no signal , so i turned it Off again ..

I do know that one of my cable ends was loose during scanning but the level was at 78 % when i looked so maybe it had good connection .. I put a new end on after scanning ..

Please let me know what i have to do to get more channels for my dear mother ..
Thanx Iceberg !:up

If you had heavy rain clouds that was probably it. That other transponder (11620 V 27692) is tough to get normally so once it clears up that may help bring it in :)

Oh yah , after i scanned and had video i then switched the sat cable on to the 22k lnb side and had video on it as well , but when i went in and turned the 22k ON like you suggested , then i had no signal , so i turned it Off again
all 4 outputs do the same thing. So it sounds like you were able to pick it up with the "sat a" which doesn't need the 22K turned on. When you turned it on, it went to the other LNB which is aimed at a different satellite :)

G 10

I tried to rescan G10 today with clear skies but still only got 32 channels .. I got about 10 (H) and 22 (V) .. I did not get the 11720 .. :(
What would i have to adjust to get a better sig. strength , would it be the skew ?

I could not get better than 45% by adjusting the elevation .. I could not get better than 30% on 11798/26.657 but i have 15 working channels there .. I did a smart search then scrolled down to bottom and done a scan of FTA/ Scramble ..
Are most of the best channels on 11798 /26.657 ?
Is a scan supposed to pick up all active transponders or should i put in the transponders manually then scan ?
Thanks again for any input ..:)

11720 has a lot of Spanish channels (at least 1/2 of the 16 channels. I'm not near my machine right now)
11799 has mostly English channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)