Star Trek Discovery

i just began watching Star Trek Discovery (first season) OTA. It does seem interesting although the ship and some technology seems a lot more advanced than Kirk's Enterprise even though it's supposed to be something like a 10 year earlier timeline. And still one more iteration of what Klingon's look like. Some of them look positively reptilian.

I record it for later viewing so i can skip past those annoying 5+ minute commercial breaks. Does CBS All Access programming have commercial breaks?

Reactions: TheKrell
I was trying to watch the last episode the other day and my Hopper was royally confused. Skip Forward would freeze for 5 seconds, then start playing again from a point maybe 5 seconds to 15 seconds later in the program. Skip Back was worse, sometimes skipping forward, sometimes working as intended.

I gave up and rebooted the H3 and my 4K Joey. That fixed my problems, but by then I was not interested in starting the episode again to figure out what I missed.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I watched the pilot, wasn't hooked though. I loved the old series, many of them. Perhaps I'm starting to get (too) old to enjoy it, I dunno. Sad, if so.

I watched the pilot, wasn't hooked though. I loved the old series, many of them. Perhaps I'm starting to get (too) old to enjoy it, I dunno. Sad, if so.
While many of us have differing opinions on the quality of the first season, I think most would agree it is by far the worst of the three so far. I think this show got continually better each episode, and in addition, each season.

This latest one gives them a completely blank slate to come up with new stories.

Reactions: Zookster
I watched the finale of Season 1 (at least I think it was) and it intrigued me to maybe watch more seasons.
They get better, that’s all I can say.

Okay, I’ll also say I was surprised at how well CBS did at sanitizing the network version of “Discovery”. I was expecting it to be a bleep-fest, but no, I didn’t notice that things were FCC Safe. Well done.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
They get better, that’s all I can say.

Okay, I’ll also say I was surprised at how well CBS did at sanitizing the network version of “Discovery”. I was expecting it to be a bleep-fest, but no, I didn’t notice that things were FCC Safe. Well done.
There really wasn’t a ton to sanitize that I remember.
A couple of words in a couple of episodes. To me it’s just that it so uncommon on Trek that maybe it stands out?
It’s not like it’s profanity filled.

I remember being surprised by the language in season one. There was discussion here about it. Not that we don’t hear it everywhere these days. It was just never part of Star Trek. I don’t recall if it persisted in season 2.

Is season 3 about done yet? Been waiting to start watching until it is all available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember being surprised by the language in season one. There was discussion here about it. Not that we don’t hear it everywhere these days. It was just never part of Star Trek. I don’t recall if it persisted in season 2.

Is season 3 about done yet? Been waiting to start watching until it is all available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think most were surprised about one word. They showcased it.
I honestly don’t remember anything shocking beyond that.

I remember being surprised by the language in season one. I don’t recall if it persisted in season 2.

If I recall correctly, there were at least 2 times the 'f' word was used in the first season. None in the second or third, though the 's' word was used more often in its place.

Picard though had the 'f' word at least twice in every single episode. :facepalm

Season 3 of Discovery ends January 7.