Starband dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The LNB in the above link is a direct replacement for the Starband Starwars looking Tx/Rx device. If you follow the link and look at the picture you will see the throat is the same diameter as the original and just bolts up using the existing bracket. It's is just about as easy as changing a light bulb.

I sure looked at the link of course and the thing is, I can't really see what it looks like until I get up there. The dual outputs also throw me off.
That's what I need right about now, something as easy as changing a light bulb.

I'm hoping to get it done in one shot because over the last two years, it's getting a bit hard on the shingles hence my need to get all this stuff off the roof this year if I can.

For some reason, it (starband dish) got installed when we became resellers. There must have been a misunderstanding because we sure don't need it, we're rather well connected at this house. Anyhow, they were kind enough to just take it back and are sending boxes so I'll know soon if I'll just use that dish for a while or wait til I build in the yard.

Can you tell me a little more about the dual outputs, not sure I understand how this is going to connect since all of the other original LNB parts will be gone along with the transmitter.

In reading more about the LNB, looks like it's simply a dual KU, not sure if it's universal or standard.

Either way, ain't gonna bolt right in because after going up there to pull the hardware down to send it back, there's nothing left to mount it on. I'm not sure if the arm will be sent back or only the hardware, depends on how things pack up. I'll either need another arm or something that bolts into it. If it's the latter, it's just a square arm, nothing what so ever at the end other than a hole.

Oh!?
I didn't realize YOU had to remove the transmitter/LNB/feedhorn assembly yourself and return it.
Try not to return the actual arm, if you can get the above off it.
Again, better pix would help.
Wish I'd known ahead of time; the following info would have been more helpful... :(

Two methods to record where your replacement LNB needs to go:
1. string method.
2. template trick.
If ya need ideas for mounting your own LNBF, I'm sure we can scare up some of those, too! - :up

Maybe it's simpler to just get another offset and use one of the universals I still have :). Thanks for everyone's input on this.

So before I trash the whole dish in place of a standard fta dish, is there anything that will simply bolt onto that arm without having to get into string or other methods to find the center. I still have the arm but that's it, nothing on it. I'd be extra happy if I could do a multi LNB setup that catches at least 97 and 99. (95 bonus)

Generally, those transmit/receive dishes are very accurate, and on a very sturdy mount.
So, they are worth recycling, especially if they have been properly mounted to a roof!

Unfortunately, it sounds like going up a ladder to work on it, is causing a lot of grief.
One thought, would be to take it down, post some good pictures, and we can help you get it operational again using a ground mount.
I've seen so many HughesNet, DirecPC, StarBand, and various similar systems, I can't keep track of what it what.
Plus, over the years, many services have deployed totally different sets of hardware.
For instance, if we were talking about of of the Ka-band systems, the dish is too small to be really useful on Ku band.

Hate to repeat myself, but better pictures and maybe some dish measurements would help make the most of what ya got. ;)

You're right it's very well mounted which is the only reason I'm thinking of keeping up there as a fixed KU setup til we have our roof done.
When I got the hardware off of it, I moved it so should be able to get better pics. I'll post them soon and see what there are for options.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)