Starband Signal Boost

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
Have Starband on Cluster 80 on satellite 129*W. The signal from the modem Skymanage was always less than 6, usually around low 5's.

Some nearby neighbors just got switched to the new satellite on 121*W, cluster 90. Their signal was a little higher, but usually less than 7.

During rainy or heavy clouded days, the signal would drop completely and internet would be inaccessible.

The dishes in uses were the newer Nova dishes from about a year ago. We had a Starband dealer come out and swap out the dishes with a Channel Master dish 75E-1, along with the feedhorn and shorter bar. Then LNB was just swapped over. I believe these old Channel Master dishes and feedhorns were from the old Starband 360 systems.

The signal on the old satellite 129*, jumped from 4's and 5's to high 9's.

The signal on the new satellite 121*, jumped from 5's and 6's to high 10's.

I am hearing the same thing....too bad i threw out about 50 of those older dishes a year ago...I was threatened by the wife and you don't want to mess with her

That's too bad. You would think that Starband should be held accountable for this. They have to be aware that the newer dishes are of lesser quality than the older ones made by Channel Master.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)