Starchoice and the Superdish

1hodgkry

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Does anyone know if a SC receiver will work with a Dish Network "Superdish" (with a linear lnbf) south of the boarder? I am not sure of the size of the superdish, but I know it is much bigger than a standard 18" dish.

yes and no

depends on where you are in relation to the border. If you are in a state that borders Canada, then yes I would say it would work fine. But if you are closer to the "other" border I would say its too small. I've tried the smaller dishes for them (32x20) and they work pretty good in MN but a good rain will knock it out. I have a 30" dish aimed at F1 (main satellite)

Also the LNB is stacked so when you set up the programming via SC or a broker you would need to tell them its a stacked system...otherwise you wont get all the channels :)

For HD you need the 2LNB setup. SO this can be the 75e or 60e dish with the quad LNB or 2 separate dishes and some 22k switches :)

What is the size of the Superdish? It looks comparable to SC 75cm Dish. If so, would it get good reception in Utah? Thanks

The SD is 36x20 and the 75e is 37x27

Also the SD would only get one satellite and the 75e has the LNB for btoh