Starchoice issue or receiver issue???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Called SC tonight and got through right away. Activated the 505 and shut down the 205.
The tech guy has heard of the receiver frizzing out like that. He chalks it up to a bad batch of 205's

update from me:

My problem was that I was not getting channels from F2 on transponders 20 and up. everything on transponders below 20 was fine. everything on F1R is fine.

My set-up: two dishes, one pointed to F1R, the other pointed to F2, with two 2x1 switches. receivers: 317 and 505

so I took the 317 and little TV outside and connected them directly to the LNB and saw that the signal for 712 was only in the 40's, so I slightly tweaked the dish, it was up to 91. Checked the SD french stations and NFL-N (420), they all look good.

left the set-up outside, came in and looked at the huge tv on the 505, everything (from both birds on all transponders) came in beautifully.

went back outside, disconnected 317 from the LNB, re-connected the LNB to the switch

re-hooked line 2 from LNB to switch, brought back 317 inside, reconnected it to the second TV, and my original problem came back

My thoughts:

1. If there were a problem with one of my cables, NONE of the channels from either bird would come in. since half from one and all from the other are coming, I don't think there is a problem with my wiring.

2. If the LNB were faulty, I would not have had initial success.

3. This leads me to believe the switches are the problem. I currently have 2 2x1 switches. Do I replace those? do I go with something like a 4x2?

Last edited:
getting new switch

thanks. I am getting the Eagle Aspen S-4180-GX+ 5x8 multiswitch. I like the ability to connect my OTA

in the meantime, I have bypassed the defective switch that was connected to the 319. I have the 319 connected directly the the LNB pointed to F2. net result: 505 hooked to huge tv gets everything from both, 319 gets F2 stations only. since we use the 505 85% of the time, we're ok with that.

couple thoughts

If you have a short in a wire, it will possibly hinder both. I found that out with the 205....ended up running a new line and the issue almost went away

Did you try to swap wires to see if you could duplicate the issue?

I encountered a similar problem with my 301 Navigo a while back (TSN channel). It turned out to be the wiring (I got a new HDTV and DVR and the wiring got slightly altered).

I now have it back to its original format (coax into receiver, then coax from receiver to DVR, then RCA from DVR to HDTV). Problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)