Starchoice Model 421 Receiver - Can it be tuned to pickup In-the-Clear Digicipher?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I have an opportunity to get a Star Choice Model 421 receiver at a really cheap price.. (The unit may have an outstanding balance I'm guessing). Has anybody experimented with the 421 model to see if they can somehow tune it into the Digicipher Stuff that is in the clear/fixed key?

I currently have a model 920 receiver that I use to move my dish, control polarity etc. I'm wondering if the model 421 can be manually tuned or mapped so that it picks up the Digicipher stuff that isn't fully scrambled. I've experimented with a model 410 without any luck in the past.

I have an opportunity to get a Star Choice Model 421 receiver at a really cheap price.. (The unit may have an outstanding balance I'm guessing). Has anybody experimented with the 421 model to see if they can somehow tune it into the Digicipher Stuff that is in the clear/fixed key?

I currently have a model 920 receiver that I use to move my dish, control polarity etc. I'm wondering if the model 421 can be manually tuned or mapped so that it picks up the Digicipher stuff that isn't fully scrambled. I've experimented with a model 410 without any luck in the past.

The 421 is DC II so if should see FP mode stuff only if the FEC, SR and Freq are the same as what is mapped in. As far as trying to enter in stuff manually I don't know. Also it won't pick up U.S. Universal mode services just like the U.S. boxes won't pick up Canadian "U" mode.

I guess what I'll do is get the receiver and give it a try. I'll post my results here so that others will know in the future. I'm getting the receiver for $10.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts