Starchoice receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
We use to get many Canadian channels with our 4DTV's many years ago. Now most of them are gone (and it's not a good idea to point a 4DTV at Canadian satellites).

Would it make any sense to get a Starchoice receiver on EBay? What could I see with it? I just saw a HD receiver for about $130.00 US.

And, do they have the same problems when the battery goes dead?

Thanks,

Dennis

If you have a 905 you can point it at the Canadian sats (AnikF1 107.3) and get a few freebies

Knowledge
Access
CKUA
Shopping Channel
BC Legislature

unless you want a sub, it doesnt pay to get a HD Shaw Direct (Starchoice) receiver for the couple freebies...if you can get your hands on a older receiver for cheap then do it

Yes my DSR-405 does fine for the freebies. Waiting for the day that Starchoice has some issues and opens up a bunch of channels for even a short time :)

yeah I got the 205 for that

If the op wants the few freebies, get a previously subbed SD only box. Buying a HD box with no sub is kinda useless since none of the HD channels are FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.