Starchoice Reception Problem

captaindmw

Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I have a chance to buy a used (older) Starchoice Satelite system. The individual says when he was using it, there were a couple of problems. The dual system Multiswitch is a 4 x 2 (4 in from the dish/2 out to receivers).
He ran 2 lines from the multi-switch (one he split to 2 receivers). On the direct line, the reception would occasionally block out for a few seconds. Sometimes it would occur frequently making it annoying to watch a program. I don't think is anything like a tree branch. The other problem was that the receiver would get no signal at times – likely connected to what the other receivers were doing. He is guessing it needs to have the multiswitch replaced.

The other line has a splitter between the dish + receivers. This means one of the receivers can only watch the same band as the other receiver.

So, is it likely the problem is the multiswitch? Any suggestions?

You don't say where you are.

If you are in Canada, just sign up as a new customer. It'll cost you $29 net and SC will install a new quad dish at no charge. The dish will be warranted under the Simple Satellite program. Then add the receivers your friend has.

If you are outside Canada:
There is no SC dual satellite dish, that I know of, that has 4 lines out from the LNBFs.

There are 2 types - stacked which looks like 2 beer cans pointed at the satellites and non stacked which has a built in quad multiswitch.

If it is a stacked dish, any 22kz switch that goes up to 2.2Ghz will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)