Stargate Atlantis

Let's see - without spoilers - how many thought he was divorced with an estranged Yorky? Just give Wosley the gene therapy and let him open his own doors. Did we really need to see McKay in the bathtub? Does she want to rejoin the team or doesn't she?

Seriously, that is how I see Atlantis this year. It has no focus. It is a complete jumbo of random events and the characters are flat - I do not see where they are going.

If they do not come up with some plot lines soon there will probably not be any SGA watchers soon. Last nights episode was just a filler type.

The problem they have now is that there are no current long term story arcs in progress. Yes we still have the battle with the wraith, but like SG1 they really cannot ever win it until the series ends.

If they do not come up with some plot lines soon there will probably not be any SGA watchers soon. Last nights episode was just a filler type.

The problem they have now is that there are no current long term story arcs in progress. Yes we still have the battle with the wraith, but like SG1 they really cannot ever win it until the series ends.
I have tried watching SGA several times (including last night) and never could get in tune with it. Just seems like they're "reaching" to me. Can't get fond of any characters. Hard to explain. Just too much of the same formula again and again.

I think it is trying to introduce some dry humor that was the hallmark of SG1, especially with the Wosley character. The problem is that it worked in SG1, it is falling flat in Atlantis.

There are threads out there and they need to start turning them into story lines: the Dr. Weir replicator, Rainbow Sun's character, etc. Next week they will be introducing a new enemy in a new reality or dimension - so we will see.

No, I suppose that's true, but they've essentially taken Dr. Beckett (while not dead) pretty much out of the picture now. Same with Col. Carter. Not dead, but definitely out of the picture (especially with Tapping on a different show now).

And who knows what's going to happen with the dangling Weir plot...?

One would think that Beckett is out of the picture, but he is back for 5 episodes:

GateWorld - McGillion returns to Stargate Atlantis

There is even a web site advocating for more:

SaveCarsonBeckett.com

It is the weirdest phenomenon. As for Weir - I predict that if the shpw continues to decline - they will do a Dallas - she wakes up and all of season 4 and 5 is a dream. I hate to give the writers ideas.

I would like Weir back as a replicator. Perhaps being detached from the collective she would have very limited replicator powers. They would have to limit her abilities and knowledge or she would just solve every problem...

Speaking of problems they have not been able to solve, how come they have not found the part of the database with instructions on how to make ZPMs? They really seem to be making very poor progress figuring out how Ancient technology works and adapting it for their use.

I would like Weir back as a replicator. Perhaps being detached from the collective she would have very limited replicator powers. They would have to limit her abilities and knowledge or she would just solve every problem...
or an alternate universe Weir who's own Atlantis was overrun or destroyed... Carter didn't fit in and I don't think Woolsey will either..

Carter would've fit in, if she'd been in more episodes. I thought the episode "Trio" worked really well. Woolsey may work out, eventually, but I think he's going to look more like "Doc" on Voyager than anything else, unfortunately.

Weir was a really good fit for the show and Carter almost fit. Woolsey is going to take a lot of work...

Woolsey was mentioned but not seen in last week's episode, which was actually quite good.

It looked to me (in the preview) like the Weir role has been recast, but it's tough to tell just by a quick glimpse the preview provides as to whether that's true, or part of a plot twist...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)