Stargate Atlantis

True, Torri wasn't the first to play Weir...can't remember the name of the first actress who played the role. She only played it in maybe 6-8 episodes (if even that many) and that was before SGA existed. She never made it to the launch of SGA.

That's sad. I read an interview...evidently, she didn't like the way her role was reduced to reoccurring instead of regular. Can't say I blame her either...

Last edited:
If I am reading correctly, it looks like it will be a Weir Arc. I think Tori may simply be upset that her character was downgraded, but the way people shuffle around, it could be that Tori returns next year and the present Weir is an imposture. Who knows?

I hope Sheppard makes some crack remark about Weir not being the woman she used to be, or something along those lines.

I think Tori was dumb to turn down the role. Its not like her career is going in big places otherwise. At least Amanda Tapping has a Sci Fi gig. It looks like Tori is just doing a film or two for some unheard of Vancouver production company.

It is apparent that they keep the budget down by not having every actor appear in every episode. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just annoying.

True, but Woolsey (sp?) is not really a new character. One thing that has always impressed me with that character is that he is becoming more human each time he appears.

Well, I won't say I'm surprised...but I am rather disappointed. It does suck pretty badly.

Something's seriously screwed up at Sci-Fi. Killing SG1 after episode 200. Axing SGA at the end of this season. BSG ends at the end of it's second-half. Sounds to me like the bean-counters are running the show at that channel... :(

Bigger horror show than Scare Tactics could ever be......

Here's a suggestion...... ABC Family has The Middleman and it feels it doesn't fit with its' brand, I hear..... sounds like a perfect show to snap up....

Great show, for those that have missed it to date...... Lots of comic book and sci fi dialogue references that would make Kevin Smith giggle with glee...... Sounds like they are going to need some filler.... unless they plan on running Atlantis reruns forever too....

Yeah, but that isn't the stated reason for SGA getting the axe...came down to expenses and the U.S. dollar vs. the Canadian dollar exchange rate. Bean counting...

However, I agree, messing with the character line-up definitely doesn't help.

Now I'm wondering just how many direct-to-dvd films we'll actually see.

SciFi is definitely giving me less and less reasons to watch them on Friday night. They'll keep me around through SGA and the second half of BSG. Maybe Sanctuary, depending on how it goes, but aside from that, they're choking on beans...

Yeah, but that isn't the stated reason for SGA getting the axe...came down to expenses and the U.S. dollar vs. the Canadian dollar exchange rate. Bean counting...

However, I agree, messing with the character line-up definitely doesn't help.

Now I'm wondering just how many direct-to-dvd films we'll actually see.

SciFi is definitely giving me less and less reasons to watch them on Friday night. They'll keep me around through SGA and the second half of BSG. Maybe Sanctuary, depending on how it goes, but aside from that, they're choking on beans...
AGREED!:mad:

Scifi is doing what TNN did, leaving it's loyal viewers behind...how long will or should it remain named Scifi?

I think they should rename it the B -Channel. They show a Monster of the week movie every Saturday as their origional movie. IT gets really old and the computer special effects don't even add to the film. I liked the old Sci-Fi channel that showed Dark Shadows, Lost in Space, etc. THis Sci - fi channel is becoming to sanitized & predictable for my taste. THE BBC on the other hand has created some cool series that I like. Maybe they should get together and work out a deal to show their shows .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)