Stargate SG-1 Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FYI: I've finished watching through the last show of Stargate, and I think they did a good job of rounding out the series. The Ori storyline is not concluded, but there are certainly significant developments for it. The final show gives a pretty decent sendoff for the whole series. Its just a shame we don't see O'Neil or some other significant players for the final story, but I liked it well enough. Can't wait for the final two movies now.

Sh... Don't say anymore...... I wait for them to hit SciFi. Part of the reason these shows get cancelled is that the US seems to get them last (BG, Dr. Who, Stargate) and most of the hardcore fans can get them elsewhere and they don't show up in the ratings.....

DVD sales show that a LOT of people are interested in the shows, but they seem to die premature deaths (I know SG-1 had a long run, but BG is supposedly vulnerable, and Atlantis isn't killing anyone in the ratings).

Sh... Don't say anymore...... I wait for them to hit SciFi. Part of the reason these shows get cancelled is that the US seems to get them last (BG, Dr. Who, Stargate) and most of the hardcore fans can get them elsewhere and they don't show up in the ratings.....

DVD sales show that a LOT of people are interested in the shows, but they seem to die premature deaths (I know SG-1 had a long run, but BG is supposedly vulnerable, and Atlantis isn't killing anyone in the ratings).

I don't know that SG-1 was premature, in terms of length of run - sure it was in terms of fans not being ready for it to be done - but 10 years is a HUGE run in today's tv world.

I wonder how many folks actually get the shows elsewhere; I am guessing its still a very small proportion.

I agree...a decade is a HUGE run in today's tv land. I was actually hoping for an 11th season, but obviously that didn't happen. The only other show in fairly recent times to run 10+ years that I can recall is M*A*S*H. Three Star Trek shows ran 7 years, each. I think Atlantis has the potential to go 6 or 7, but I think a 10 year run for any series is a rare exception anymore, rather than the rule.

When SG1 first started I tried to get hubby to watch and he wasnt interested. Then he somehow saw the original movie about a year ago and now he is hooked and I have to keep buying the seasons. We are only on season 3.

Season 4 was pretty good too. The episode where they kept reliving the same time period over and over was great.

I agree, seasons 3 and 4 have a lot of really terrific episodes. Another of my favorites is One Hundred Days, where the metor impacts bury the gate on that other planet they're on, stranding O'Neill.

LOL It just so happens that we are watching that one right now.

We have been enjoying this season but we have enjoyed most of them so far. I have to head out to get season 4 soon.

I have been watching SG1 (season 1) on my computer today while working on taxes. I am definitely going to have to continue to invest in these discs. Its just good stuff.

Watching the episode where O'Neil is infected by a nanite that causes rapid aging and the people live for about 30 days.

Its kind of funny to watch him tell the people that their god is just a statue.

No notion of the "Prime Directive" in the world of the Stargate, huh! :D

anyone know a good place to buy the sets? Each season is costing me about $36 before taxes. I looked at amazon and it was no better than that.

That's what they are going for at DVDEmpire.com. Consider buying used from eBay? I see them listed for about half that price there. That's where I'll be going as I slowly build my collection.

Several months ago, I posted a query about best sites to purchase DVDs in the Pub. I'll find the URL for it.