Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Official SG-1 video competition is now on!
clear.gif

Source: Gateworld
Saturday - November 11, 2006 | by Darren Sumner
clear.gif
Show your love of Stargate SG-1 -- and win prizes! GCB Media is now hosting "Keep the Gate Open," an official fan video competition endorsed by MGM. Fans are invited to submit a homemade video up to 2 minutes in length, demonstrating why Stargate SG-1 should return for an eleventh season.

The grand prize winner will receive $1,000 and an autographed script of SG-1's 200th episode.

The deadline is Monday, November 20, after which GCB will post the top 10 videos for a public vote.

Visit GCBMe.com for all the details. And good luck!
clear.gif

In my opinion they cancelled the wrong one. Atlantis has blown chunks this season.

and I haven't been impressed with the latest shows airing in Canada either. The Return was ok, but seemed rather obvious to me. And gaining 3 ZPM's to boot seems like way too convenient of a plot device.

But Echoes and Irresponsible were just pitiful. Do we really need a save the whales story?

And bringing back Koyla's evil genii character holds promise, but not when combined with the comic relief of Richard Kind's Lucius character.

In my opinion they cancelled the wrong one. Atlantis has blown chunks this season.

and I haven't been impressed with the latest shows airing in Canada either. The Return was ok, but seemed rather obvious to me. And gaining 3 ZPM's to boot seems like way too convenient of a plot device.

But Echoes and Irresponsible were just pitiful. Do we really need a save the whales story?

And bringing back Koyla's evil genii character holds promise, but not when combined with the comic relief of Richard Kind's Lucius character.

Haven't seen those episodes yet, since they haven't aired in the US, and I have been downloading the new ones.

But I have enjoyed the third season of SGA.

This week's episode of Atlantis (The Game) was one of the better ones. For those who haven't seen it yet (don't get Canadian TV or don't want to download it), lets just say you may want to rethink it the next time you play Civilization. ;)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8>
clear.gif
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Stargate owner Metro Goldwyn Mayer is planning an on-going Stargate SG-1 movie franchise, a production source tells GateWorld. MGM and the show's Vancouver-based producers are no longer pursuing an eleventh season for the hit television series, which was cancelled by U.S. broadcaster SCI FI Channel in August.

The cast of Stargate SG-1 has now signed on for the first film, though an exact list of confirmed actors is not yet available. The film begins shooting April 15 in Vancouver, followed by a June 1 start date for the second movie, according to a new IGN interview with actor Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson")

More at Gateworld

I agree, it'd be nice to see all three back in those movies, but since Teryl Rothery is now busy on B5 as a new ISN reporter, it might be difficult to schedule time (or maybe not, since they're not filming at the same time, but both are filming in Vancouver). Anyway, they'd need to figure out another gate-oriented, alternate universe(s) way of getting her there, since Hammond ordered that mirror device destroyed.

MGM reveals movie storylines
clear.gif

Monday - January 15, 2007 | by Darren Sumner
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8>
clear.gif
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer today officially announced that it has greenlit the two Stargate SG-1 movies in development, which we reported on earlier (story): Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum. The company also released the first solid plot details for the two films.

More at Gateworld

I'd like to see Jack and General Hammond in these movies... maybe throw in an alternate universe Doc Frazier...

You get part of your wish in an upcoming SG1 episode:
General Hammond back in charge of the SG Command in an upcoming SG-1 episode - but its another alternate universe story.

Anyway, they'd need to figure out another gate-oriented, alternate universe(s) way of getting her there, since Hammond ordered that mirror device destroyed.

Check. (see above)

Spent several hours in the home office today cleaning -- so I watched a few episodes of SG1 Season 1 on the PC. I had never seen the first season; its excellent stuff.

Other than the nudity in Children of the Gods, is the rest of the season kid-friendly?

I want to hook my son on it, but its kind of hard to make him skip the one scene where the Gould is implanting the creature... BUT, at 9, he is NOT seeing that scene.

Spent several hours in the home office today cleaning -- so I watched a few episodes of SG1 Season 1 on the PC. I had never seen the first season; its excellent stuff.

Other than the nudity in Children of the Gods, is the rest of the season kid-friendly?

I want to hook my son on it, but its kind of hard to make him skip the one scene where the Gould is implanting the creature... BUT, at 9, he is NOT seeing that scene.

I have got to watch some of these i have missed!