Stargate SG-1 Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dfergie said:
Very, Very Good, the whole season took up 14 gigs of space... about 700mb's an episode... of course unless you have a HD divx compatable player or an htpc you are kinda stuck.;)

That must have taken a LONG time to download! Did you use BitTorrent or Limewire/Gnutella?

Source: Gateworld
Fans Rally: SaveStargateSG1.com!
clear.gif

Monday - August 28, 2006 | by Darren Sumner
In the week since the cancellation of Stargate SG-1 was announced (story), fans from all over the world have come together to show their support for America's longest-running science fiction series. Fans hope that by writing letters, sending faxes and tissue boxes (see "Children of the Gods" if you don't get the reference), making phone calls, and supporting the show on television and iTunes, they will send a message that there is a lot of life left in the series.
GateWorld is proud to support the fan campaign, now headquartered at SaveStargateSG1.com.

It seems that in this day and age every cancelled television show gets a requisite "Save Our Show!" campaign, driven by the ability that the Internet gives fans around the world to coordinate their efforts. Quite often these are ineffective: it is not 1968 anymore (when a famous letter-writing campaign convinced NBC to renew Star Trek for its third season), and often by the time a campaign is in full swing, the sets have been dismantled and the cast and crew have already moved on.

Such is not the case with Stargate SG-1. Production continues through 2006, with the final scripts of Season Ten only now being written. Not only that, but most of the writers, producers, cast and crew want to continue telling the SG-1 story.

The goal of the Save Stargate SG-1 campaign is to support the future of Stargate SG-1, be it in an eleventh season, a feature film, or a TV movie or mini-series.

What can you do?

Join the campaign today! Fans of the show are encouraged to:

write a letter or send a postcard to SCI FI Channel
call or fax SCI FI Channel
send e-mails to SciFi.com
spread the word to other viewers offline
watch the show live on SCI FI Fridays (as TiVo-delayed viewings have contributed to ratings erosion)
support the series' new iTunes downloads

Mail letters and postcards to:
  • Mark Stern
    Executive Vice President Original Programming
    NBC Universal | SCI FI Channel
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
    Universal City, CA 91608

In my opinion they cancelled the wrong one. Atlantis has blown chunks this season.

I can't believe that any continuation of feature films (with cast members from the original feature film) will work.

The fact is that the current actors on the SG1 "series" have inhabited the characters and "own" them. Jumping back to a feature with the original actors is a HUGE mistake.

Any feature film MUST contain talent from the series, in the roles that have made the show the longest running SCI-FI produced in North America!

Anything less is wrong and is destined to fail. SG1 has 100 times the fanbase of Firefly and should have no problem making the leap from series to feature film.

Just my .02.

Spence

SpenceJT said:
I can't believe that any continuation of feature films (with cast members from the original feature film) will work.

The fact is that the current actors on the SG1 "series" have inhabited the characters and "own" them. Jumping back to a feature with the original actors is a HUGE mistake.

Any feature film MUST contain talent from the series, in the roles that have made the show the longest running SCI-FI produced in North America!

Anything less is wrong and is destined to fail. SG1 has 100 times the fanbase of Firefly and should have no problem making the leap from series to feature film.

Just my .02.

Spence

I didn't even like the original Stargate film. It doesn't make sense to make a sequel to a what 12 year old film?

But I disagree about Atlantis. I like it a lot and am glad it is continuing.

It is too bad, SG-1 is really starting to click now. Claudia Black is so funny. I think the main problem they have with ratings is that they are on a Friday night to start with and second they run the series during the "off" times of the year. There is a reason the big networks do not run series during the summer that is that the audience is much smaller.

I like both. Browder and Black were excellent adds (Browder has a Han Solo meets US Marine feel about him, while Black would be one of those characters that the D & D players would call "chaotic good"... plays for the good guys, but shrugs off the rules when they prove ... inconvenient)

I'm still hoping for another network to rescue SG-1.... We'll see...