Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Amen!!! They definitely have to give us closure to SGU!
Probably isn't going to happen. I don't know if it was the acting or the storyline but it certainly was boring in the first season. The second season was better but it was still lacking something. I would've liked closure too, though. My understanding is that they created an animated series to continue the story but I'm not into that kind of thing.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't know if it was the acting or the storyline...
As a scientist, I do not take kindly to the mad scientist trend in SciFi. The Nicholas Rush character was basically out of his mind IMHO. I was practically throwing stuff at the TV when he kept his entry into the bridge a big secret.

Overall I greatly enjoyed SG1, much more with Anderson, than his succesors, Atlantis was good IMO but not as good.

As for SGU, mmm I was excited to see Anderson, Daniel and Sam Carter brefly in that series, but other than that, it wasn't for me.

A character that I loved in SG1 was Vala Maldoran

This gal,
1610937427370.png

• Love
Reactions: Howard Simmons
So, after watching this, we have a split between the movie and the SG-1 series, or is this the Russian gate? They dug up the Egyptian gate in the movie, which I assumed was relocated to NORAD for the series, but here we unearthed the Egyptian gate and I assume it’s headed to the U.S. (and would be the gate on the ship from Continium).

But then I suppose the movie is not the canonical source for the series.

Why was Earth so special to have two (or three, counting Russia) gates where most planets had only one. The Ancients must have really liked Earth.
The gate from NORAD was thought destroyed in the explosion of Thor's ship and replaced by the Antarctic Gate. The Russians recovered the NORAD gate from the ocean and reactivated it.