Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Saw the first one in the theater...come to think of it, saw all 10 in theaters...looking back, sure, the firist one is a fairly lame movie, but at the time, seeing the entire cast together again was really something. They sure aged them between 1 and 2 though...whew!

Saw the first one in the theater...come to think of it, saw all 10 in theaters...looking back, sure, the firist one is a fairly lame movie, but at the time, seeing the entire cast together again was really something. They sure aged them between 1 and 2 though...whew!

Don't get me wrong. I too have seen every single one of them in the theatre; and since VI, all on opening night. Including two at Denver's Continental Theatre (screen 2.5 stories tall, auditorium seats 2500; incredible surround sound) where I drove 4 hours to see it. (Also saw the 1996 re-release of Star Wars and Empire there, and LOTR: FOTR).

Indeed, I am ready for the next film at Christmas 08... :hungry: :hungry:

Don't get me wrong. I too have seen every single one of them in the theatre; and since VI, all on opening night. Including two at Denver's Continental Theatre (screen 2.5 stories tall, auditorium seats 2500; incredible surround sound) where I drove 4 hours to see it. (Also saw the 1996 re-release of Star Wars and Empire there, and LOTR: FOTR).

Indeed, I am ready for the next film at Christmas 08... :hungry: :hungry:

Sadly, I've never seen any of them on a HUGE screen. #2, 4 or 8 would've been great on a 70mm screen! However, my surround sound system does an extremely nice job with almost any film, with almost 1600 watts and 7 very nice speakers...

I too am ready for the next film, but I'm also a bit apprehensive...a Trek film without any major characters from any of the TV shows is going to feel a bit weird...

Sadly, I've never seen any of them on a HUGE screen. #2, 4 or 8 would've been great on a 70mm screen! However, my surround sound system does an extremely nice job with almost any film, with almost 1600 watts and 7 very nice speakers...

I too am ready for the next film, but I'm also a bit apprehensive...a Trek film without any major characters from any of the TV shows is going to feel a bit weird...

I am jealous of your system. Do you have the movie popcorn machine to go with it? ;)

Unfortunately, I can't eat popcorn. The husks make me cough my lungs out. :( It's torture, as I love the smell of it!

I planned, researched and carefully assembled my surround system for a 3 year period. 2 and half years of research and 6 months purchasing and setting it up. All my speakers are Klipsch, except the 2 downward-firing 12" subs, which are Audio Concepts cabinets with JBL drivers instead of the original 12" drivers, which weren't hefty enough.

My next plan is to move up to a larger screen. Something closer to 65". 15" larger than my current DLP screen. Oh, and upgrade the Klipsch center channel speaker to a newer/better speaker.

Unfortunately, I can't eat popcorn. The husks make me cough my lungs out. :( It's torture, as I love the smell of it!

I planned, researched and carefully assembled my surround system for a 3 year period. 2 and half years of research and 6 months purchasing and setting it up. All my speakers are Klipsch, except the 2 downward-firing 12" subs, which are Audio Concepts cabinets with JBL drivers instead of the original 12" drivers, which weren't hefty enough.

My next plan is to move up to a larger screen. Something closer to 65". 15" larger than my current DLP screen. Oh, and upgrade the Klipsch center channel speaker to a newer/better speaker.

Too bad about the popcorn.

The soundsystem and HT sounds great. Mine isn't quite so fancy. I do have three matching Infinity speakers, which I have been very happy with, and the Infinity surrounds are nice too. I'd really like to get a better subwoofer (its the only speaker I have that is NOT an infinity) and eventually a much bigger tv. But for now I am happy.

Ok, they are tied. :D

How did the franchise ever survive that one? Vee-ger? Bald Women. Disco uniforms. Shall I continue???

LOL!!! We were starved for ANYTHING new with Star Trek! Hell, we even watched the Film-ation 3 frames per minute cartoons to get our fix in the early 70s! ANYTHING would have been great for Trek fans. And Even so... the grumbles of disappointed fans leaving the theater were classic!

BTW in case you were unaware, Decker and "the bald woman" (Ilia) were characters developed by Roddenberry for Star Trek II ( a second series not the Kahn movie that was being developed in the mid 70s). Paramount scrapped the TV series when they decided it would be more profitable to just do a movie.

See ya
Tony

LOL!!! We were starved for ANYTHING new with Star Trek! Hell, we even watched the Film-ation 3 frames per minute cartoons to get our fix in the early 70s! ANYTHING would have been great for Trek fans. And Even so... the grumbles of disappointed fans leaving the theater were classic!

BTW in case you were unaware, Decker and "the bald woman" (Ilia) were characters developed by Roddenberry for Star Trek II ( a second series not the Kahn movie that was being developed in the mid 70s). Paramount scrapped the TV series when they decided it would be more profitable to just do a movie.

See ya
Tony

Yeah, I thought it would be fun to goof off a bit about "The Motion Picture." :D

I knew that about Decker and Ilia - but had forgotten. If I recall, a lot of the first season of TNG also came out of the aborted series?

I saw most of them in a theater, I would like to see a Deep Space 9 Movie myself, resolving what happened to Sisco...

Oh, I'd love to see that one! I'd even pay to see it in a theater, and would likely buy it on a high def disc. And to see what happened to Ezri Dax!

What I'd really like is to see "Space Above & Beyond" come back. Fat chance. Killed by prude.

I for one would want to see a DS9 Movie...it was by far the best series, especially after season 3