Stargate Universe

Its got Rhona Mitra in it, so it can't be all that bad. :)

All in all, I think they have managed to keep me through the beginning of the next season at least; this half-season has been a lot more interesting than the first half.

The first half of this season was an extreme disappointment, and I think they lost a lot of viewers because of the excessively slow start. The second half has proven to be quite a bit more interesting, with a more Stargate-like feel to it. They still have quite a ways to go to actually be a better Stargate series, but they've managed to keep through the off-season too and see what they do with the first half of next season.

They came very, very close to losing me in the first half of this season...

The first half of this season was an extreme disappointment, and I think they lost a lot of viewers because of the excessively slow start. The second half has proven to be quite a bit more interesting, with a more Stargate-like feel to it. They still have quite a ways to go to actually be a better Stargate series, but they've managed to keep through the off-season too and see what they do with the first half of next season.

They came very, very close to losing me in the first half of this season...

If it did not have the name - and the expectation that the name Stargate brought with it - I would have NEVER watched it. It would have been yet another stupid SighFy show. But they really screwed the pooch with this one. Its a shame, since Atlantis still had more good years in it, as did SG1.

Indeed, SG1 should never have ended. I mean come on, Amanda Tapping really can't think Sanctuary comes close to playing Sam Carter, and poor Michael Shanks seems to be do nothing since SG1 ended. :(

If it did not have the name - and the expectation that the name Stargate brought with it - I would have NEVER watched it. It would have been yet another stupid SighFy show. But they really screwed the pooch with this one. Its a shame, since Atlantis still had more good years in it, as did SG1.

Indeed, SG1 should never have ended. I mean come on, Amanda Tapping really can't think Sanctuary comes close to playing Sam Carter, and poor Michael Shanks seems to be do nothing since SG1 ended. :(

I agree...it's somewhat similar to how I felt about the first season of ST:Voyager, which was basically, "this ain't Star Trek"... Sure, it had the name, a mostly Starfleet crew, but it didn't really feel much like Trek. Same with SGU. Aside from the pilot, some references to Earth and visits via the com-stones, and the occasional guest appearance by someone from SG1, it's barely Stargate.

SG1 didn't need to end at Season 10, for sure. It could've gone on two more seasons pretty easily. SGA easily had 3-5 seasons left in it. We all know why both shows ended...cost. :mad:

I actually like Sanctuary, so I am still watching Amanda Tapping (new brit accent and all!). Sure, Sanctuary isn't SG1 (not even close), but it's enjoyable, and W13 is even better.

Yeah, I know...I think there are only 3 of us active here anymore....

Of course, as far as this discussion goes, I think only you, Don, and I are left. :D Everybody else bailed long ago.

I am still here, just don't have much to say. The show is just ok, nothing special yet.

Of course, as far as this discussion goes, I think only you, Don, and I are left. :D Everybody else bailed long ago.

No, you're not alone. I haven't seen or recorded any episodes for several weeks. With the qualified endorsements, I might have to give it another try.

Limited resources. On a lost in space scenario you can't start going all Captain Kirk. Find one piece of tail and leave the rest for somebody else. :D

"going all Captain Kirk." :D I got a good laugh outta that one.

Well, there is a disproportionate number of men to women on SGU...so, who should hook-up with whom?

Think of it as the "Gilligan's Island" game, only with more possibilities. ;)

"going all Captain Kirk." :D I got a good laugh outta that one.

Well, there is a disproportionate number of men to women on SGU...so, who should hook-up with whom?

Think of it as the "Gilligan's Island" game, only with more possibilities. ;)

Yeah, I was impressed with myself over that one. :D

Given the disproportionate number of men, it makes Lt Scott's philandering even more obnoxious. :D

I guess they could ration out who gets to use the stones to go home and get some virtually, with those who are not getting any on the ship the first to use the stones. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
Yeah, I was impressed with myself over that one. :D

Given the disproportionate number of men, it makes Lt Scott's philandering even more obnoxious. :D

I guess they could ration out who gets to use the stones to go home and get some virtually, with those who are not getting any on the ship the first to use the stones. :)

surprised nobody has mentioned the moral, legal, ethical implications of what we've seen portrayed in these 'virtual' sex scenes. Would you want your physical body being used for who knows what, while your brain is elsewhere?

surprised nobody has mentioned the moral, legal, ethical implications of what we've seen portrayed in these 'virtual' sex scenes. Would you want your physical body being used for who knows what, while your brain is elsewhere?

I have definitely thought about it. Just didn't want to start some argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts