Stargate Universe

It felt more like Stargate, it acted more like Stargate. Liked the dinosaur (or whatever it was). That was fun. They're doing a good story arc, which tends to draw the viewer in, rather than what they were doing, which felt like a cheap knock-off of BSG... The flashback thing was the low/slow point in the episode...

True, the flashback did help to explain some of why Greer is the way he is, but it went on too long...the brick pile and the drop-off and fire would've been plenty. It was fun to see Chloe actually do something useful rather than stand around and whine and pout all the time...

True, the flashback did help to explain some of why Greer is the way he is, but it went on too long...the brick pile and the drop-off and fire would've been plenty. It was fun to see Chloe actually do something useful rather than stand around and whine and pout all the time...

Just sitting downt o watch, and realized from this post that I do not know who Greer is. See the problem. :)

Maybe I'll figure it out in the next 42 minutes...

It has been a lot better this season than last. Since they stopped using the stones so much it is a lot better. I really did not care to see who was going home and meeting all the relatives last season.

I realized last night that I was actually looking forward to watching Merlin more than I was to SGU. I guess that seals SGU's fate for me. I won't put any more time into it.

I agree... This time, for once, the use of the com-stones actually made sense... How the section of the engines got blown out though, I still don't get... Someone have any idea?

Supposedly sabotage by the blue aliens via the stone connection still being live. But, of course how do the blue aliens do it when the humans cannot control the ship and the drive areas of the ship are inaccessable without space suits? It is just something they glossed over, but also offered another explaination that it was just the weakest link and was old. So, it is not clear what happened. Did the blue guys just get a fix on the location? Did they do sabotage? Or was it just the ship being old?

Since the ship is leaving the galaxy, I guess we will have new aliens next year. The thing is that I would have thought this would have been a natural end of season. If they are going to have a prolonged period of travel. But, there are 5 more episodes left.

I like the episode also, again the stone use was appropriate. It is so much better when they bring in guest star experts to do things and not run an Earth based soap opera body switching adventure.

Another thing that did not make sense is that the switch was for up to 7 weeks. They have a lot of possible people, they could just have done 1 week shifts, not one person for 2 months. The first gal probably could have handled it if she knew it was for only a week vs months.

Of course there could be other issues, like one where TJ complains she is just a medic half the time. Why do they not have a doctor available? Perhaps TJ could attend medical school?

The problem with the stones is that they can be a plot black hole sucking up too much plot.

5 more episodes left. If they keep improving, perhaps the series will finally justify the stargate name.

I thought that's what the busty Lt. conjectured - that her blackout was the blue aliens taking her over, but I don't get how they knew how to sabotage the ship any more than why the other guy went into some kind of weird coma-trance and then vanished in the chair room. I'm assuming they'll tell us sometime in the next 5 episodes...

It had issues, but all in all a good episode.

And there are aliens coming. The beautiful Rhona Mitra (who I remember from season 1 of Boston Legal) will be co-starring in two episodes at the end of May, as "Commander Kiva," - now, maybe she is from earth, but I am guessing it is time for some alien encounters. And who better to have an alien encounter with. :)

Dang, I was hoping the hot lieutenant had really offed Lieutenant Scott! (See I am getting a few more names).

This episode was like 15 other Star Trek episodes where the crew was experiencing hallucinations. Not original, but not terrible.

I don't think the issue the hot Lt. has with Chloe is over yet...not based on that look she gave her towards the end of the episode.

I'm a bit confused...they're in-between galaxies, is there a star and planet way out there on a far-flung arm of the galaxy they left? Additionally, anyone notice Young telling Lt. Scott to assemble a team to go "off-world"? I played it back 3-4 times to see if he indeed said that...he did. Last I looked, they were on a ship...

SG1 has done an episode like this one...lots of shows have, so I agree: not original, but it wasn't a stinker either.

Next week's could be interesting, if they do it right. Big IF there...

I don't think the issue the hot Lt. has with Chloe is over yet...not based on that look she gave her towards the end of the episode.

I'm a bit confused...they're in-between galaxies, is there a star and planet way out there on a far-flung arm of the galaxy they left? Additionally, anyone notice Young telling Lt. Scott to assemble a team to go "off-world"? I played it back 3-4 times to see if he indeed said that...he did. Last I looked, they were on a ship...

SG1 has done an episode like this one...lots of shows have, so I agree: not original, but it wasn't a stinker either.

Next week's could be interesting, if they do it right. Big IF there...

Its got Rhona Mitra in it, so it can't be all that bad. :)

All in all, I think they have managed to keep me through the beginning of the next season at least; this half-season has been a lot more interesting than the first half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)