Stargate Universe

Wait for what? I've kept watching, but it's a DUD, still. Sanctuary is better than this!!

Maybe now they can reboot the franchise with something that actually stays true to the spirit of the first two series.... Either that or it goes away for 5 years like Star Trek. Or it gets a quick reboot like Battlestar is getting (yeah, let's change a heroic story of one "aircraft carrier" against an alien aggressor into a Dynasty type soap opera with heavy religious undertones, and a storyline that seems to insinuate that being a terrorist is a good idea if your crusade is righteous..... Um, no. No wonder it went away.).

Here's to the hope that we get another true Stargate offshoot that isn't so bleak and is a hell of a lot more lighter.... The occasional comedy surrounded by heroic moments is what made the two Stargate series so eminently watchable. Name me one funny episode from SU in comparison.. I still watched it, but have out of a sense of duty to the franchise. I hope the next iteration comes sooner rather than later.....

For an example, look at Eureka and Warehouse 13..... 2 shows that have that spirit and are watched by a TON more people..... Give the people what they want and they'll come.....

I hope that the executives at SciFi (no syfy) take the correct message from this. I hope they don't think that stargate ran ts course and the audience went away. I hope they realize they DROVE the audience away with a dark, slow, uninteresting, depressing, uninspired, unmoving and wholly uninteresting series of scripts depicting the worst in humanity rather than what the two preceding series and parent movie depicted. If anyone watches the original 5 Showtime Sci-Friday era episodes, they see that the show was more serious, but it did have a much brighter outlook on everything! The SciFi era episodes went to the point of comical.

I don't want a true "reset". I have grown tired of this tactic to restart a series (like the new Star Trek movie which I consider an abomination to anyone who was a fan of the preceding 5 (yes 5) series and ten movies regardless on how many people went to see it). Rather they can continue with SG-1 or "Stargate Command" series with a different team or even several sets of teams in a threaded anthology.

Gotta have vampires. Everybody has vampires and SciFi would just hate to be left behind. Oh, oh, I know, let's do a reality show where every week someone gets voted out of the capsule and in the last episode the winner blasts off in the shuttle simulator. :(

Whatever happened to niche programming?

Prodigal Son

Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts