Stargate Universe

Lots of good stuff showing up on Fridays again. Sometimes with 3 things at once but only two can be recorded. Ah well.

The previews I have seen appear to be a little dark to me, so Im excited. I do not really like the campy shows, as much as the BSG feel.

Sanctuary comes next week!

I hate when they show something and then do the backstory and go back and forth all the time.

Wow, Richard Dean Anderson has not just gotten old, he has gotten fat. It was painful looking at him.

I loved the homage to Hammond of Texas - the USS George Hammond. Sweet!

I watched the first hour with my kid, but he needed to go to bed, so we'll watch the rest tomorrow. I did not like the flash-back and forwards, as it confused the heck out of my son.

BUT so far, the premise is much better than I thought. I just wish the brainy kid didn't look like the guy from super-bad and Accepted. :)

The other nagging thing is that Shooter McGavin should not be on SG. :)

Wow, Richard Dean Anderson has not just gotten old, he has gotten fat. It was painful looking at him.

That was exactly what I thought. I mean what has it been since he did the movie a year or so? He has ballooned.

Looks like Anderson is on prednisone...my grandfather had that same look...it's fluid retention caused by the steroid...if that's indeed what's going on with him...

The going back/forth was a little annoying, but BSG did it a lot in many episodes and it wasn't too bad...just a quick way of establishing someone's back-story. SGA did it a few times also, as I recall.

It was a little better than I was expecting and the previews look interesting, but I'm really hoping they don't turn it into a cross between Lost In Space (looks like it already) and Space 1999, where they find weird new planets and races every week.

Shanks' appearance amounted to a cameo... Tapping and Anderson did a tad bit better. Still, it was good seeing them (briefly) again.

I'll give the show some time to get some legs and see where it starts taking us, but does Dr. Rush remind anyone else of a pseudo-Baltar?

Unbelievable acting or casting... no Senator would willingly give his life :D Not as bad as I was thinking... I'll give it a chance... (Jack did look puffy) but Sanctuary will never get another look from me on general principles as it is being hawked above the Bug and the pop ups and is very annoying...

Shanks reminded me of the Doctor from Voyager at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas. Really quite lame.

Puffy is a nice word for Anderson; but me thinks too kind.

I still need to finish it, but I fear Lost in Space and Voyager all over again. :(

Oh, and what was Walter doing in Washington, DC at the Pentagon instead of the SGC? I hope they didn't tear down the set for the SGC.

OK, and my last whine for now: but come on Sigh-figh, you do not need to shoot HD that looks so faded and with bad light. I got it with BSG (but never liked it); Stargate Atlantis never had that look in HD; neither did the two SG1 movies. It is not necessary. It is annoying as hell. I want to see the SG world in crisp HD the way it was meant to be.

Not overly impressed. The Senator's daughter needs to be airlocked. On second thought, just about all of them should be. Way too much personal conflict.

BTW, if establishing a worm-hole to Earth would have likely caused destruction to Earth's gate, why wouldn't opening it to the unknown location do the same? Seems pretty lame.

And it must be an interesting DHD if it can distinguish between 7 and 9 chevron addresses automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)