Stargate Universe

My thoughts are that the ship is going to refuel on it's own... probably already had picked up material from the Gas Planet fly-by and now is heading to the systems sun for more material...

Yeah, I will thinking the same thing. It was the only reason I could think for the fly-by. And the target towards the next sun is also probably related.

Also think they could do better with the com stones, but also agree it would become a crutch.

Yeah, I will thinking the same thing. It was the only reason I could think for the fly-by. And the target towards the next sun is also probably related.

Also think they could do better with the com stones, but also agree it would become a crutch.

I agree...the only thing that makes sense is that fly-by was for refuling, not aero-breaking to go into orbit around one of the inner planets, as others on the ship are thinking. What it needs to get from that star...who knows? Solar power to recharge the batteries? ;)

The com-stones could be handy, if used properly. As it stands now, not much point to them and, as a crutch to get guest stars on the show...

I agree...the only thing that makes sense is that fly-by was for refuling, not aero-breaking to go into orbit around one of the inner planets, as others on the ship are thinking. What it needs to get from that star...who knows? Solar power to recharge the batteries? ;)

The com-stones could be handy, if used properly. As it stands now, not much point to them and, as a crutch to get guest stars on the show...

Plus, they confuse the crew, who do not realize that someone else is using the colonel's body. :D

You'd think that in addition to the obnoxious Rodney, they might bring Daniel in; he has a fair amount of knowledge of the ancients. :)

Plus, they confuse the crew, who do not realize that someone else is using the colonel's body. :D

You'd think that in addition to the obnoxious Rodney, they might bring Daniel in; he has a fair amount of knowledge of the ancients. :)

And therein lies the problem with the com-stones...need an expert, just plop down the right rock. :)

Until something bad happens to someone back on Earth. Maybe choke on a pretzel. Instant replacement... assuming the transfer would be permanent and could still be used by other people in the future.

Another boring show this week. How much longer with these stupid resource problem plagued episodes? If I want to watch people trying to provide themselves with basic necessities like food, water, sewer and air, I will watch the tv nightly newscast.

Guys, they have to do this stuff, they can't just have a miracle happen and everything be ok.

Back to SGU ... if they keep the show "darker" (like BSG) where its based on people's RAW emotions ... like the one soldier sneaking food into his packet for example ... while small it was a pure raw emotion and makes you wonder what will happen. If they make it too "campy" though and all of a sudden find a garden room in this ship with showers and rest rooms ... and may as well throw in a medical center with all of the medicine they need ... too much.

It has promise ... I hope they keep it real ...

Well, they found the showers ... they also found a "waste disposal recycler" ... so people can now go potty and take care of the mess ... can I read 'em or what ...

They also found the battery recharger ... should have thought of that :rolleyes:

The show did have some good effects this last episode I thought ... getting sling shot around the gas giant was pretty cool.

A couple of the plots have potential ... I still think they are making it too easy though ...

The question is what direction the series is going to take. Are they just going to be in a constant battle for survival as the ship has no resources to take care of them? Or are they finally going to get the ship working well enough they will be able to interact with others (aka ST Voyager)?

I personally hope they will go with the ship working after a few more episodes. Then they can have their low budget ship crisis filler episodes when they need (like on Atlantis), and spend the rest of the time working in the new galaxy.

The other question of course is how fast does the ship travel? If the other ships humans have can travel between galaxies in 3 weeks, could they have one come out and rescue them? If the Ancient ship is traveling at that speed and has been doing so for a million (I have a hard time with the million number, but even at 10k it is far) years then the distances involved are just mind boggling and I do not ever see a way for them to get home.

If the ship is traveling at SG1 speeds then it could spend a few years in a galaxy, but then of course it would take years to get between galaxies.

They have referenced I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the ship is travelling "faster than light". I could have swore I even heard them use the acronym "FTL" ( BSG anyone ;) ). The ship is also going FTL without the need of going into "hyperspace". Hyperspace may be the wrong expression as I can not remember what the exact "Stargate" terminology is. Anyway, they seemed quite surprised that the ship could go as fast as it was with out the need to go into hyperspace.

The only way they could get on the ship was by opening a stargate to it and even that involved a special planet with a special core such that they could get the energy required. I doubt the ship has that power. It appears the only way to get off is if folks on Earth found another power source sufficient to enter the 9th chevron. I see that as the only way.

The ship also appears to have quite the cannons too ... it would be nice to see it in some sort of fire fight ...

They have referenced I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the ship is travelling "faster than light". I could have swore I even heard them use the acronym "FTL" ( BSG anyone ;) ). The ship is also going FTL without the need of going into "hyperspace". Hyperspace may be the wrong expression as I can not remember what the exact "Stargate" terminology is. Anyway, they seemed quite surprised that the ship could go as fast as it was with out the need to go into hyperspace.

The only way they could get on the ship was by opening a stargate to it and even that involved a special planet with a special core such that they could get the energy required. I doubt the ship has that power. It appears the only way to get off is if folks on Earth found another power source sufficient to enter the 9th chevron. I see that as the only way.

The ship also appears to have quite the cannons too ... it would be nice to see it in some sort of fire fight ...

Yeah, we talked about that a few pages back. I found it a cheap copy-cat, considering no one has ever referred to it as FTL on any other episode of stargate before. :)

When the series ends, I am sure the last episode will find them miraculously discovering the power-source they need to gate back home. :)

When the series ends, I am sure the last episode will find them miraculously discovering the power-source they need to gate back home. :)

They will reverse the "battery recharger" ... put all of their flash lights on it, and put the power back into the ship ... dial the gate home ... as the last person steps off of the ship, they will go back to the battery recharger and zoom in on the batteries ... you will notice they are Energizers ... in the background music you will hear "boom boom boom boom ..." ;)

Edit: Oops sorry to spoil the series finale for everyone ... forgot to put spoiler tags around it :rolleyes:

They will reverse the "battery recharger" ... put all of their flash lights on it, and put the power back into the ship ... dial the gate home ... as the last person steps off of the ship, they will go back to the battery recharger and zoom in on the batteries ... you will notice they are Energizers ... in the background music you will hear "boom boom boom boom ..." ;)

Edit: Oops sorry to spoil the series finale for everyone ... forgot to put spoiler tags around it :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they'll return home and Earth will be 100,000 years in the past, before the last ice age. ;)

SGA had power and food issues at the very start. Didnt seem to hurt the show. Thus far its all about survival in a strange place and not the usual ' new mortal enemy' plot. I've never watched the show but Lost was the same, and it worked.

November is my cut off time for this show. IF no improvement in plot lines by the time sweeps are through, this timer will be deleted. So far I am not impressed at all with any of these people.

Yeah, but they'll return home and Earth will be 100,000 years in the past, before the last ice age. ;)
That would be ok with me as long i could bring this!!:hungry:

Julia_Anderson.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)