Stargate Universe

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The intro last night gave me the impression that this show is trying to be three other shows: it's trying to be Stargate-ish (and we all know it's not doing too well at that), it's trying to be BSG and it definitely shouldn't be attempting that, and it reminded me a little of Miami Vice early on...another thing it shouldn't attempt. Stargate was best at being what it was.

Chloe has burned a lot of her credibility with two people (maybe more) in last night's episode. Ming Na's character never had any cred to burn.

Yeah, and then there's this:

If the blue aliens didn't outright plan on intending to send Chloe and Rush back, why implant a tracking device in Rush's chest? Something just doesn't add up there, yet.

Last night i deleted SGU before I finished watching the episode and removed it from my timers list. This show never had any promise, but at least I thought it would develop into some innocuous mildly entertaining action show. No such luck. SGU took the worst parts of BSG (which I hated in the first place) and mated it with some scraps of paper found at the bottom of Aaron Sorkin's waste basket to form the worst, least interesting and least credible political intrigue ever put on screen during what is supposed to be a fun romp through the galaxy in a shoot-em-up light-hearted sci-fi program. Anything that made the previous SG series a success was sucked out and a dark brooding, scheming wet blanket was thrown over the franchise. What a shame.

I keep watching the silly show in hopes that eventually it will improve...

The problem is that they do not go anywhere. They are stuck on that ship. At least next week the previews show they go to a planet. Maybe something interesting for once.

At another forum someone said if they only had one bullet, shoot Wray with Rush behind (or vice versa) and hope the bullet got both :D

Yeah, that would have been good. I would not have let her off in the end the way young did. And Young is wrong, its not that he shouldn't have left him; he should have made sure he was DEAD!

I actually enjoyed the episode; and next week's looks good - even if it looks like they are going to "Risa." :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts