starting to get Error Code 05 and 04 alot now

I've seen this pop up twice in the three weeks we've had a 1h/2j system. We don't use an external drive. In both instances, I hit the Reset button and was then able to watch every show once the Hopper came back up.

Well now I've discovered a new error code. I tried for the first time to watch a show directly from my EHD. The screen went black like it was about the play the show and then I get error code 00. Anyone get this error code? Anyone else been watching any shows directly from an EHD?

Kjer
I also lost three days of The Masters. I've only had the system for two weeks and we're getting off to a terrible start. I had watched an hour of the (4 hour) Thursday round on a Joey, then turned it off and went to the Hopper to watch the rest. I got the error code when I attempted to resume. I did the same thing with the Friday round with the same results. When watching the Saturday round, I made sure that I returned to live TV before shutting down the Joey, and that seemed to work. But then I got error code 04 on my first attempt to watch the Sunday round.

I cannot wait until my wife loses a recording. That will be a real slice of heaven.

I called Tech support at Dish after the Friday incident and got a script kiddy that had me reset the Hopper, obviously with no success. Then he was done.

So after the Sunday incident I called their cancellation line and got someone who seemed to be interested. Due to scheduling conflicts, we cannot get a tech out here until the 21st, and they will not let me do the installation. From the number of posts here, it looks like this is an epidemic. I'm not a big fan of paying a company to do their beta testing, so my next call will probably be to Comcast. It's a shame because the system seems so promising.

Kjer
I also lost three days of The Masters. I've only had the system for two weeks and we're getting off to a terrible start. I had watched an hour of the (4 hour) Thursday round on a Joey, then turned it off and went to the Hopper to watch the rest. I got the error code when I attempted to resume. I did the same thing with the Friday round with the same results. When watching the Saturday round, I made sure that I returned to live TV before shutting down the Joey, and that seemed to work. But then I got error code 04 on my first attempt to watch the Sunday round.

I cannot wait until my wife loses a recording. That will be a real slice of heaven.

I called Tech support at Dish after the Friday incident and got a script kiddy that had me reset the Hopper, obviously with no success. Then he was done.

So after the Sunday incident I called their cancellation line and got someone who seemed to be interested. Due to scheduling conflicts, we cannot get a tech out here until the 21st, and they will not let me do the installation. From the number of posts here, it looks like this is an epidemic. I'm not a big fan of paying a company to do their beta testing, so my next call will probably be to Comcast. It's a shame because the system seems so promising.

Welcome. If you leave Dish ahead of your 2-year commitment, you'll get hit with a large early termination fee unless someone in the retention department takes pity on you (which doesn't happen a lot). Maybe contact DIRT here on the forum. DIRT reps are the official Dish reps and maybe they can expedite your tech visit.Click Forum at the top to go to the main forum page and then look for the red names at the bottom of the page. Click on a red name to send a private message. If there are no red names, no one is online currently. They tend to be around in the afternoon and evening.

My wife has lost quite a few recordings and the option of leaving has come up more than once. It would be interesting to see if someone fought the cancellation fee. As far as my wife and I are concerned - Dish has broke the contract by not provided a service that was promised. If there were not such catastrophic issues, I think it would be a different story.

Our losses are all from the EHD, none yet from the Hopper that I have encountered **fingers crossed**

I'm having the same problem, this recording triggered at 12:59 friday morning (KPIX west coast feed of CBS) and it says it's still recording. If you look at the episode information error it says Error 05. I thought when I selected yes this morning for my Hopper to check for updates that it would reboot and this stuck recording would be gone. It's still there. Going to do a manual reboot after a couple more shows are done recording tonight. Even though it shows that Persons of Interest is recording it's not using my Hoppers tuner to do it.

Just wanted to add, Wednesday we had to reboot the other Hopper because one of the tuners was stuck on "Recording about ready to start" for Top Shot which recorded Tuesday night. My cousin said that he watched and deleted Top Shot just fine without any problems.

Attachments

• 000_0121.JPG
    000_0121.JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 000_0122.JPG
    000_0122.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 210
Well now I've discovered a new error code. I tried for the first time to watch a show directly from my EHD. The screen went black like it was about the play the show and then I get error code 00. Anyone get this error code? Anyone else been watching any shows directly from an EHD?

I think this is the one I usually get you should try to just go back in and select the TV Show/Movie you were trying to view and it should play. My opinion is when the EHD hasn't been used in a while it goes into power save mode and it takes longer than the joey/hopper will allow before it throws out the error message. Since your EHD came out of power save mode when you selected it the first time, the second time the program should play right away. This is just my opinion on this issue, not really sure if it's technically right but it seems like a logical assumption.

Welcome. If you leave Dish ahead of your 2-year commitment, you'll get hit with a large early termination fee unless someone in the retention department takes pity on you (which doesn't happen a lot). Maybe contact DIRT here on the forum. DIRT reps are the official Dish reps and maybe they can expedite your tech visit.Click Forum at the top to go to the main forum page and then look for the red names at the bottom of the page. Click on a red name to send a private message. If there are no red names, no one is online currently. They tend to be around in the afternoon and evening.
After 2 tech visits costing my wife and I a total of 16 hours, and 11 more hours ( I kept a log) on the phone with tech support, I still do not have a working system. The friendly and knowledgable technician that was at my house until 9 last night could not get the joeys to find the newly installed hopper. This is the second replacement hopper for a total of three.

Every CSR I technician I spoke with was courteous, seemed knowledgable and was patient. We just could not make it work.

So last night I had to throw in the towel. I got through to an executive resolution team member, and they cancelled the contract, waived the ETF, and are sending me a return equipment kit.

It's a shame that they haven't got all of the bugs quite worked out yet, the hopper system seemed so promising. And for the few minutes we had of nearly full functionality, it was fantastic. I wish dish great success, and I hope no one else has the experience that we did..

Sad to see this strange issues and i feel even worse for those techs as they are doing there best but some locations cables or other factors are killing the hopper and in other installs every thing is working as it should .

Out of the limited hoppers installed from our office we have only had one with no issues past the second week

Sounds like Hopper is corrupting the recordings by itself and it is a very serious issue.

I remember transferring at least 200GB worth of program from my 722's, with the Hopper initially showing about 20% being used (make sense, since 1TB is available).

After the pretty thumb nail pictures were populated, my hard drive usage suddenly became 12%.

Not sure what's corrupting the files but that's a possibility.

Just received my first Error 04... Hope this isn't a sign of more to come!! Also seeing Error 013 (subscription channel not subscribed to) flash on the screen then "DVR Playback Ended" appears less than a second later on a few others... These are channels that I am subscribed to as well... Also, none of these are PTAT recordings...

I'm also getting 04 error now on most programs I transferred from a 722 via EHD, as well as programs recorded directly on the Hopper. Resets haven't helped. Hopefully DIRT is seeing this thread and Dish is working on a fix.

I hate to pile on, but add a big "ME TOO" to the pile. We transferred recordings from EHD to Hopper, then were not able to view them. This had worked on previous occations. We are on v 2.12 for the last 3-4 days. Hard power off/on did nothing. I haven't seen any reply from DIRT members....

I've been through this with Dish already. It doesn't seem to be the hardware corrupting the recorded programs, but an outside interference (such as the electricity blinking off or a surge). These errors mainly have occurred during transfer from the Hopper to the EDD or vice versa. Transferring a small number of programs at a time has worked best for me.

With the sudden increase in the % of available space, all those programs from external hard drives/722 are probably GONE FOREVER!

Can we get some kind of credit or compensation from DISH for this catastrophe?

Since it is so easy to play EHD recordings directly from the EHD, why transfer them to the Hopper. I had a similar problem with a 622, so I don't mess with moving recordings back and forth. 2.12 software added a wait for initialization popup rather than an error while the EHD prepares fot play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)