StarTrak 10' C band satellite package - setup help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BuckmasterBC

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bridge Lake, BC
I just picked up a 10' C band system (StarTrak?) and I am looking for some assistance since everything was dismantled. The system is about 15-20 years old and came with a GI 350i analog receiver which I plan to use with a DVB (slave setup). It also has a SuperJack 2X HQ actuator - do these require power? I can't see where the power connects to the motor or maybe the wires were snipped - does anyone know where I can find a manual for this and also instructions on putting all the components back together? The package came with a 10' StarTrak dish, StarTrak LNB and feedhorn, feed legs (4), circular mount, mount pole with supports, ribbon cable and the actuator. I think I have everything I need but not sure how to connect the actuator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• superjack.JPG
    superjack.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 180
The actuator will get power from the GI 350i analog receiver.

There should be a removable cover on the motor end, pull it off and you will see the wire terminals. If the wires were snipped off you should be able to determine which wire went where. If not, post some pics of the terminal block and someone will be able to tell you more.

Post some pics of the dish parts also, should be no problem figuring out how to put it together if you have all the parts.

Thanks for the tip - I will remove the cover when I get back up to my cabin (I left it there until I figure out how to install it). That should work perfectly. I was able to find a SAMI installation manual which may also help me put the parts together. I have attached a few more pics of some of the mounting parts. I am in Western Canada so the Circular mount is off center to the right and the actuator goes on the left - correct?

Attachments

• circular mount.JPG
    circular mount.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 173
  • base mount.JPG
    base mount.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 170
  • base mount closeup.JPG
    base mount closeup.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 175
if you need any specific help feel free to send me a pm. i have 7 of those dishes. for the most part id keep the actuator on the side that youll take the dish lowest.

crackt out,.

It has been setup on the eastern side of the arc, for west use the opposite side holes. I have an unused 24" sami mount just like the one pictured. the polar actuator mount plate looks to be bent down a bit there. 180 the clamp on the motor tube also if you do west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts