Starz after Feb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I took up Dish to convert to the 3 month HBO/MAX channels instead of Starz.. It ran out this week and Dish simply sent an email that said if I didn't want to get charged for it, I need to logon to their website and turn it off. A message flashed on the receiver for a day or so too. I turned it off as it isn't worth anywhere near what HBO wants for these channels. Dish did not offer any discount.

If you are looking for Starz to just see Spartacus, be aware that Starz have given previous seasons to Netflix streaming subs a few days to a week after each episode aired on Starz. Which is why I chose not to order Starz, their library is available on Netflix.

whitewolf8214 said:
ITS NOT SHOUTING TYING THIS WAY I HAVE TYPED THIS WAY MY WHOLE LIFE AND I type this way everywhere i go and type and if i shout everyone would hear me :D .....THANK YOU :)

As the kids say back in the day if you sent a txt or email in all caps it meant u were shouting, mad, angry etc...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

The Fat Man said:
If you are looking for Starz to just see Spartacus, be aware that Starz have given previous seasons to Netflix streaming subs a few days to a week after each episode aired on Starz. Which is why I chose not to order Starz, their library is available on Netflix.

Netflix streaming deal with starz runs out in feb. starz will be pulling all their titles from netflix instant streaming at that time.

Netflix streaming deal with starz runs out in feb. starz will be pulling all their titles from netflix instant streaming at that time.

Yup, according to this article, the Netflix-Starz contract runs out February 28.

By the way, when exactly will Dish Network remove the free Starz? I assume they'll remove it February 1?

Last edited:
You can use Dish Chat, or be smart and probably happier and use the DIRT team.... :)

Thanks for the info, I Didn't know that. Must be in response to Disney's complaints last year.

I think it had something to do with Starz' ridiculous 300 million dollars a year they wanted for a new contract.

Netflix had been paying 30 million a year.

I think Netflix was willing to go to $200 mil.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)