Starz and Encore are moving

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
As of May 1 starz will be on channel 340 and encore will be on channel 350.

interesting. thanks for the info. any idea as to why they are moving? and what will happen to starz hd? also move or will stay?

What are they going to put on the channels they are leaving? Does this mean hbo, cinemax, sho, tmc will also be moving to be next to their other channels?

Makes sense to me. Since they have shut down analog premiums there is no reason to have them on channels under 100. They belong in the 300's with the rest of the premium movie channels. I would expect that they will eventually do the same with the others.

The guide channel on the Norwalk, CT system say the change is happening on March 29. Starz to 340, Encore to 350.

for the month of april they will be dual illuminated so they starz will be on 80&340 and encore will be on 81&350 as of may one 80&81 will go dark

Makes sense to me. Since they have shut down analog premiums there is no reason to have them on channels under 100. They belong in the 300's with the rest of the premium movie channels. I would expect that they will eventually do the same with the others.

I bet HBO, CINEMAX and showtime would follow eventually.

Normally when they do this, theyre testing bandwidth for the addition of new channels, what could be in the works?...I have no clue....Ill toss an idea out there, since they recently added DHTHD, maybe they will be adding D Health?...We'll see in the months to follow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts