Starz - HD Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I will be doing a review of Starz - HD tonight. If you want to join feel free to drop by.

To all our guests, register so that you can participate in the forum.

Thanks to all.

Here is the lineup of Movies for December....
STARZ
Movies:
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Dec. 20, 23, 26
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Dec. 15, 31
  • Austin Powers in Goldmember Dec. 6, 10, 21, 25, 30
  • About Schmidt Dec. 6, 9, 12, 22
  • Tears of the Sun Dec. 13, 18, 22, 26, 30
  • The Master of Disguise Dec. 2, 13, 24
  • I Am Sam Dec. 4
  • The Emperor's Club Dec. 3, 14
  • Wes Craven's New Nightmare Dec. 16
  • Simone Dec. 5, 9
  • Stealing Harvard Dec. 5, 17, 23, 28
  • Jack Dec. 25, 29
  • Nobody's Baby Dec. 17, 26
  • Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers Dec. 18, 29

Even the SD stuff (higher bandwidth) looks fantastic. Now need titan to update the HD features (Voom supposed to be supported soon). Zap2It not updated for channels yet either.

Just got home (long story I will not go into it). Turned to Starz-HD West and Simone is playing in HD. I have to agree the PQ is stunning! PG does not show the name of the channel and the programs yet (as everyone commented). I am sure VOOM will add them soon. Going back to watch a little more and have something warm to eat...

Some pics of the SD 4x3. It looks excellent! and you know by now that I am very picky about SD PQ.

Attachments

• MVC-762F.JPG
    MVC-762F.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 200
  • MVC-763F.JPG
    MVC-763F.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 211
  • MVC-764F.JPG
    MVC-764F.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 193
  • MVC-765F.JPG
    MVC-765F.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 200
The above movies might not be the only in HD. K-Pax is showing now on Starz-HD East 261 in HD. The PG does not show it to be in HD but it is.

Did you notice that a couple movies came up as broadcasted in HD where available but did not. What's up with this Starz? You also need a new Starz HD logo to promote your new HD channels.

Acerone said:
Did you notice that a couple movies came up as broadcasted in HD where available but did not. What's up with this Starz? You also need a new Starz HD logo to promote your new HD channels.

Starz-HD just started. So I am sure they will make adjustment. Also, Wilt just posted that they will be more HD channels coming. He did not say nothing else but we are definetly getting more HD within a few days.

Just a stupid question, how do you guys know whether a movie is being broadcast in HD or not? Does your TV detect it and display as such? Or does the Voom receiver detect and tell you? I know My TV doesn't detect, it has a dedicated component HD 1080i input and expects anything hooked up to it to be in HD...although I will be running all Voom output into it.

The quality of the picture will tell you everything. Plus if the movie is not OAR, it will fill the entire 16x9 screen. Believe me you will know without any indication and yes the receiver and the TVs do have all dedicated inputs that expect either 720p or 1080i or a resolution close (of course unless is an EDT plasma (480p)).

The receiver also has its own way of sending the correct resolution to the display. See my review thread and you will see the different resolutions in the VOOM receiver. Neither of my TVs will tell you the resolution their are receiving unless I go to the service menu of the TV (menu used by technicians to calibrate or fix problems with the TV).

Austin Powers in Goldmember amazing!!!!
wow.gif
. The depth of Starz - HD is like looking at a 3-D movie... As good as HDnet... Catch it againg at 6:30pm on Starz-HD West.

More HD so soon. Very nice :) Like I said keep them coming Voom.

Sean Mota said:
Acerone said:

Starz-HD just started. So I am sure they will make adjustment. Also, Wilt just posted that they will be more HD channels coming. He did not say nothing else but we are definetly getting more HD within a few days.

Nobody's baby-- Just started. The PG does not give any indication of being in HD but it is... Now this is living!
bouncy.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)