Statement from Dish Network on VOOM Takedown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Network has posted the following statement on the VOOM Takedown on the Dish Network retailer website.

VOOM Take Down
Effective May 12th (11:59pm EST) 2008, the full VOOM HD Line-up is no longer available on DISH Network. DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition.

In order to provide customers with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We are excited to announce the addition of over 20 new high definition channels which will provide our customers the top rated channels including The Weather Channel HD, Disney HD East, Bravo HD and Cartoon HD. As of result of these additions, we have removed some channels that are less popular with our customers. These channels are not available with any other satellite provider. The VOOM lineup removed consists of 10 HD channels.

Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 of the best national HD channels by end of year.

Thanks for supporting DISH Network!

I like the last paragraph. especially weeks.
Maybe they do have a master plan???, to recover subs.

"Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 of the best national HD channels by end of year."

Personally, And I know i am in the minority on these forums. But I have yet to watch A Voom channel.

Colors got more of my attention (least they had Dragonball).

*shrug* everyone has their preferences though.

my gues is that they will be adding 10 more to replace them...probley as mentioned by everyone else they will be stretch o vision at first but will gain HD content as time goes on. This is the way all HD channels work, they get them up, sell them as HD and then add content as money comes in. It costs alot more money to produce and boradcast HD content then SD, so they try and get some money through ads and tv broadcasters so they can make money to make more content. I am happy to see all the competivnes. This is only good news for all the subscribers. And as far as Voom goes, boo on them for not releasing very much new content. Good for us.

These channels are not available with any other satellite provider.
Every time I read that, I think they're saying "don't bother threatening to leave us for another provider who carries this because there isn't one".

This is what bothers me. They announce the additional channels they were adding would bring them to 90 hd channels, they had a pretty good idea they were taking down the Voom channels. False advertising at worse sleazy at least.

Why does this shock everyone so much? A week ago Scott was saying "Voom to go Boom?".

The whole thing makes sense to me, clear some of the less watched (though loved by some) channels and add stuff they can market to possible new subscribers. :up

So, what value does the HD Ultimate bring you for $10 a month? Boom, you just lost 10 channels, but you still get to pay $10 more?

Well now that Dish has officially defined when soon is (May 12, 2008) they had to come up with a new term so it looks like in the "upcomming weeks" is the new soon. Man I can't wait for the upcomming weeks to get here. LOL

Just called to downgrade to the Essentials package and their system is down. She said they can't make any programming changes at this moment. I wonder if they're updating something or if was just BS.

Just called to downgrade to the Essentials package and their system is down. She said they can't make any programming changes at this moment. I wonder if they're updating something or if was just BS.

The system is probably overloaded because everyone is calling to change.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)