Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

It's unclear if there's any way to measure it (short of polling the Dish subscriber base). That may be what Charlie is counting on.

Of course, IF it turns out that there is a way to find out and the number is large (depending on what "large" means) then Charlie has just given his competitors some ammunition in the war for subscribers and is just digging himself in deeper.

I wonder if Dish even checked before doing this. I know the networks have contracts and getting them up was a priority.

Would you do business with Dish if you would have known all of this??:rolleyes:

I'm in eastern Ma. What's the deal with 129? The farther North East, the harder it is to get the signal? Bottom line is I'm not signing anything until I get all the channels with very good signals across all Sats.
My locals are on 61.5 too and I don't have LOS to 129 so the EA was a no-brainer for me...

WTF? Why will we temporary lose channels? I don't want to lose channels for any period of time.

They have to remove the channels in order to create the work order to add them. I know. Makes no sense. But I'm not alone. Many people here lost their channels once the work order was opened. For me, not a big deal, since it's just overnight. I would have pressed the issue, if the tech wasn't coming out this afternoon.

I wonder if Dish even checked before doing this. I know the networks have contracts and getting them up was a priority.

Would you do business with Dish if you would have known all of this??:rolleyes:

None of us is privy to all the information. Maybe Dish had to get the channels up right now, maybe not. Maybe there were failures on 61.5, maybe not. Maybe Dish absolutely couldn't put the channels on 110/119, maybe not. If Dish had been forthcoming and explained why this happened (and I can understand why, as a public company, they might not want to) then perhaps we wouldn't be so p****d.

All I know is that I can't control what Dish does, only what I do, and I'll do what's best for me. Dish better hope that this "small" part of its customer base doesn't decide that what's best for it is to switch to another provider.

doppy dont is right. The CSR did it to me too. I just called back talked to someone who knew what was going on and he fixed it. It really is a big mess.

I called back yesterday was told there was nothing she could do. Cancel the workorder to get my channels back. I should have played CSR roulette. What a freakin mess.

They have to remove the channels in order to create the work order to add them. I know. Makes no sense. But I'm not alone. Many people here lost their channels once the work order was opened. For me, not a big deal, since it's just overnight. I would have pressed the issue, if the tech wasn't coming out this afternoon.

I just realized that I've lost some channels as well. ... I suppose it's not a HUGE deal, as long as I'm getting switched over to EA. (You can't win them all). But it's a rather bizarre and backwards way to have your system set up.

Oh well...

doppy dont is right. The CSR did it to me too. I just called back talked to someone who knew what was going on and he fixed it. It really is a big mess.

So wait... should I call back and see if they can fix it for me as well? My install is on Sunday... that's quite a bit of time to be without the majority of my HD Channels. Fixing it won't require the cancellation of the work order, right?

Great work by Scott and all the members here. If it wasn't for this site, most of us would never know we're paying for channels we're not getting. You think we'd ever get a call or letter from Dish!? No way!

So wait... should I call back and see if they can fix it for me as well? My install is on Sunday... that's quite a bit of time to be without the majority of my HD Channels. Fixing it won't require the cancellation of the work order, right?

it may or may not depending on who you talked to. as sad as it sounds it took me going to cancellation dept to get done what i needed or wanted. i was so furious after an hour i was going to explode. The CSR even told me you can cancel the home plan once without getting the fee but i told her its ridiculous that we have to do that. why cant i just pay them 50 bucks or so and call it good? oh well im happy with my $15 dish with no plan or contract.

What are the upgrade options for subscribers with a 110/119/61.6 configuration and two MPEG4 and two MPEG2 receivers? Can they still co-exist or is it mandatory that the 2's be upgraded?

What are the upgrade options for subscribers with a 110/119/61.6 configuration and two MPEG4 and two MPEG2 receivers? Can they still co-exist or is it mandatory that the 2's be upgraded?

If you replace your 110/119 with a 110/119/129 , those boxes should be all set. I believe the 1000.4, EA, requires mpeg4 receivers.

I called Dish after going through 2 reps online, and they set me up to get an upgrade to 129. This morning, the tech came out and put in a 1000.4 dish for 110/119/129, and kept my 61.5 dish as it was. I'm getting the new HD from 129, and keeping my 61.5 in place. From what the tech told me, it would pick up 129 if it lost a channel from 61.5, which is good because I can reach the 1000.4 easier if it snows again.

Maybe Dish absolutely couldn't put the channels on 110/119, maybe not.
Putting anything on 110W/119W doesn't help anyone who has an EA setup.

61.5W is maxed so if you want to add something to EA, it needs to go on one of the other EA slots (72.7W, 77W).

With some people losing channels, I am going to wait until after the Olympics before I try CSR roulette again. Last night, I got Dish and the retailer who installed pointing their fingers at each other because they left the 129 LNB out of my 1000+.

Ted

I assume that if I replace my existing 110/119/61.5 setup with a 1000.4 myself, I won't run into this situation.

The dish must be a 1000.2 to pick up 110W, 119W and 129W.

The DISH 1000.4 gets you 61.5W, 72.7W and 77W.

I'll defer to your knowledge. I just went off of how I read his work order. He may have written the wrong number. I just know I get my channels. That's what I'm more concerned with.